• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin package bombs

90% of the people I grew up with are going no where rubes, but they weren't blowing people up. I blame social media. All these people look like their lives are awesome so the community college dropouts know they'll never party with instagram models and are pissed off. Before the internet, no one had any idea what they were missing out on.

White boy bombs a bunch of people, rubes say nothing.

I mean they are saying this isn’t hate or terror related. The question is at this point why are young white men driven to kill random people? Something is most definitely wrong here.

I mean they are saying this isn’t hate or terror related. The question is at this point why are young white men driven to kill random people? Something is most definitely wrong here.

Why are they saying it wasn’t hate or terror related? These bombings weren’t random. At least the first two packages were mailed to specific addresses in specific neighborhoods.

I’m not sure we will get a legit investigation into motive. They seem content with his 25 min recording. He was “challenged” and his family, friends, and church all liked him, so there’s nothing there (or no need to investigation his family, friends, and church for potentially radicalizing him).

Why are they saying it wasn’t hate or terror related? These bombings weren’t random. At least the first two packages were mailed to specific addresses in specific neighborhoods.

I’m not sure we will get a legit investigation into motive. They seem content with his 25 min recording. He was “challenged” and his family, friends, and church all liked him, so there’s nothing there (or no need to investigation his family, friends, and church for potentially radicalizing him).

Well if it was politically or hate motivated wouldn't you let people know about in you 25 min confession? Either way this kind of stuff is happening at an increasing rate and we need to start trying to figure out why.

I don’t think he’d necessarily reveal that, at least not overtly. What are the circumstances of the confession? The reports of his death made it seem like he didn’t plan on getting caught.

Neither of us are satisfied with “challenged” as an explanation. I hope the investigators won’t be. They definitely need to question his family, friends, and church beyond this “he was a good kid” crap. Obviously he wasn’t. What do they know?

Was the Austin area not terrorized? Were they in a state of terror? I understand what you mean, that there was ostensibly no geopolitical or religious context for the bombings, but isn't that definition of "terrorism" a little too restrictive in our current climate? Under that definition, Dylan Roof is a terrorist and we didn't call that little white POS terrorist either.

Perhaps we need to reevaluate the accepted definition of terrorist. This asshole was terrorizing an entire US city.

Well he was home schooled so he parents are most likely crazy people, i am sure that didn't help.

90% of the people I grew up with are going no where rubes, but they weren't blowing people up. I blame social media. All these people look like their lives are awesome so the community college dropouts know they'll never party with instagram models and are pissed off. Before the internet, no one had any idea what they were missing out on.

Palma actually raises a valid point here. You can be superman/woman on social media or anything you want to be but up close or deep down a lot of these folks know they are never gonna go anywhere in life. That feeds some pretty deep seated anger.

Me and my brother spent our early years in a lower middle class neighborhood. Luckily my parents moved when I was 14 and my bro 10. If we would have stayed any longer I am not sure how we would have ended up. It probably wouldn't have been as a bomber but 3/4 of the kids in that old neighborhood ended up in a fair bit of trouble.

29570913_2338407699503528_8320103328237765907_n.jpg

Palma actually raises a valid point here. You can be superman/woman on social media or anything you want to be but up close or deep down a lot of these folks know they are never gonna go anywhere in life. That feeds some pretty deep seated anger.

Huh, I always thought it was "deep seeded." TMYK

I was researching how many lily white boys blow shit up. Hmmm. Usually traits of terrorism. Sorry to break balls here.

Anyway don’t we absolutely HATE those gun toting bible clutching Christian evangelicalllywally nutjobs? Aren’t those the people that we know shootin rootin tootin killin lovin merigunz?

How many mayo lily albino boyz blowin shit deez days OGs? They is too busy shootin da skools up!

tune in for the geezers at ceasers. Biden vs trump! We going to Vegas man!!

Lectro just popped a boner.

Who is Kelly Killmore? Is that like Kilgrave or Kilmonger?

Back