• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

I wanna say Bolden did an unofficial which set off the vibes for a little while, but I don't think we really had much of a shot. This is all from memory, though. Could be wrong. I'm sure you could go sift through the 2016 thread.

was it bolden or mo bamba that was in town that weekend cp3 and duncan played pickup at the joel with harry giles?

Who is everybody? If you're saying it's generally accepted on this board that personnel, not coaching, was primarily responsible for this season's debacle and that a few extra minutes for the younger players would have been better considering we were going to suck anyway... I mean that kind of talk will get you labeled a Manning apologist, AD schill, etc.

I think you might be confused that you're logged into the old boards?

Everybody realizes that PF was a big problem and we had no great personnel options.

Everybody realizes we had no great personnel options because of poor recruiting and player development of the remaining players (yes, Collins and Dinos count as good recruiting and good players development).

Everybody who thinks the young forwards should have played more isn't a Manning apologist because Manning didn't do that.

Everybody realizes that PF was a big problem and we had no great personnel options.

Everybody realizes we had no great personnel options because of poor recruiting and player development of the remaining players (yes, Collins and Dinos count as good recruiting and good players development).

Everybody who thinks the young forwards should have played more isn't a Manning apologist because Manning didn't do that.

The fact that Ph and I agree on this one should probably settle the matter.

You're basically saying everybody agrees with RChill. But nowhere near "everybody" agrees with RChill, there are like 50 dozen pages of arguments saying drastically different things than this. I'm completely amazed at this "everybody thinks" run of posts from you, of all people.

If you think Manning got us to an NCAA bid in year 3 and then early exits put us in a hole in year 4 that couldn't be coached out of, then like 80% of the fire Manning arguments are senseless.

I know nothing about this situation, but I would assume Louisville is a contender for his services.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Plus he went to Lake Forest in Chicago for high school so the transition would be seamless.

Too bad he's not coming here.

A strong, physical post player with an effective jump shot, Boudreaux said he selected Xavier because he wanted to test himself in a tougher conference and play in the NCAA Tournament. Xavier, a Big East member, reached the Elite Eight last season and has qualified for the NCAA Tournament 15 times since 2001.

"I felt really comfortable with the coaching staff and the program as a whole," Boudreaux said of the Musketeers. "A major factor in this decision was the ability to go to the NCAA Tournament and succeed there, and the Xavier coaching staff has an incredibly good track record of doing so. I (also) feel like I fit in well with what the program needs next year."

I always liked woods and thought he was a good player for us and it sucks he’s leaving.

Manning's coaching earned 11 wins. If you change every single one of his coaching decisions he might still end up with 11 wins.

Agree that those terrible early season losses with the 4 guard line up set a bad tone. He did not learn from that and went back to it many times including our last game.

He won't change. That's a real problem and my biggest complaint. Then again his boss won't change either. Try to force a failing decision to work because it's your decision is poor leadership.

Double down danny must have learned from watching ronnie.

I cannot wait to see how he does on a team like Ohio State.

I was always a huge Keyshawn Woods fan, but I think his role w/ Wake Forest was what it would be at pretty much any P6 school... Instant offense off of the bench. If you are asking him to handle the ball or play consistent defense, you are probably going to be disappointed.

I give him a pass for his RS Junior year at Wake, given he had injury issues for most of the season. His numbers clearly reflect something was wrong after he got hurt. But I'd be surprised if he puts up numbers anywhere else that are nearly as good as his RS Sophomore season was at Wake.

Good luck to him. Wish things worked out differently, but I won't miss him. It is always disappointing to me when a player decides to bail on Wake Forest.

Back