• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

I cannot wait to see how he does on a team like Ohio State.

His numbers clearly reflect something was wrong after he got hurt. But I'd be surprised if he puts up numbers anywhere else that are nearly as good as his RS Sophomore season was at Wake.

I don't see it elsewhere so I'm assuming you are saying if he went to a place like Ohio State, not that he's going there.

I'd have to look, but he had some decent good games after the injury. Then at the end he seemed to check out, which probably cost us at least 1 or 2 W's since he wasn't contributing on offense and he's a liability on defense so he was a net negative at that point.

I don't see it elsewhere so I'm assuming you are saying if he went to a place like Ohio State, not that he's going there.

I'd have to look, but he had some decent good games after the injury. Then at the end he seemed to check out, which probably cost us at least 1 or 2 W's since he wasn't contributing on offense and he's a liability on defense so he was a net negative at that point.

He is visiting Ohio State. As Ayo said, there will be other suitors if he wants to play another year of college ball.

He did have some decent games after the injury, but if you pull up the game log from this year you can see he started much better than he finished. There were, no doubt, other issues besides the injury (if there weren't, I assume he wouldn't be leaving).

This could be a really good example of success and create a competitive advantage for Wake.

Now Manning can sell recruits on getting a degree from Wake and improving enough to transfer to a school where you can play competitive basketball, compete for conference championships, and play in the post-season.

I wish we knew what happened to get him suspended for the Qunnipiac game.

Some of you guys still think this is not a reflection on our coach?

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

I'd don't think anyone has said that. I really wish we could stop the black and white argument structure.

What people have said is that there is something to key's dad not being pleased but that you can't cater or cave to parents. That and that we should be a better defensive team next year giving key's minutes to a better defensive player.

That in no way runs counter to this transfer is a negative reflection on manning.

You can think both things. In fact, you can even be unhappy w manning and believe he should get another year.

But if you feel better calling someone's opine as pathetic, knock yourself out bro

Pathetic.

I'll be doggone, it seems like you're repeating the same negative post on just about every thread I open. Danny and Wellman have sent you to a dark place. I remember sharing some positive vibrations with you this past off season. T's and P's

Pathetic.

So, Keyshawn Woods is the first player to ever transfer? Wait. He transferred to WF. Was that a positive reflection of our coach?

Your view of Manning is so warped that literally anything that happens has to be somehow linked to a Manning fault (none of us have a clue of all of the circumstances leading to Key's transfer; is it possible that Keyshawn and/or his family members... ahem Key's dad... lack a realistic view of Key's limitations and are on a Quixote search for basketball nirvana that doesn't exist?). Manning may not coach WF after next year, but your attempt to spin every situation as his fault is sad and renders your thoughts as mere background noise (there's a WF basketball thread? How long until "Knowell" - oxymoron - posts something stupid about Manning, won't be long). Players transfer; players declare for the NBA. Happens everywhere. Rather than assess every situation individually and judiciously select those items that are legit criticisms (like collapsing in the final 5 minutes of games), another mindless "Knowell" post. Can't wait for the next...

So, Keyshawn Woods is the first player to ever transfer? Wait. He transferred to WF. Was that a positive reflection of our coach?

Your view of Manning is so warped that literally anything that happens has to be somehow linked to a Manning fault (none of us have a clue of all of the circumstances leading to Key's transfer; is it possible that Keyshawn and/or his family members... ahem Key's dad... lack a realistic view of Key's limitations and are on a Quixote search for basketball nirvana that doesn't exist?). Manning may not coach WF after next year, but your attempt to spin every situation as his fault is sad and renders your thoughts as mere background noise (there's a WF basketball thread? How long until "Knowell" - oxymoron - posts something stupid about Manning, won't be long). Players transfer; players declare for the NBA. Happens everywhere. Rather than assess every situation individually and judiciously select those items that are legit criticisms (like collapsing in the final 5 minutes of games), another mindless "Knowell" post. Can't wait for the next...

I happen to think we need a new basketball coach. Until that happens we are all just pissing in the wind.

When was the last time a high contributing player left Wake with one year left left. I am sure it happened with BZ, but this should not happen to a healthy power 5 program.

Manning has earned a nice retirement.

Two high contributing players , Marial Shayock, who started more games for UVA than Key did for WF, and Darrius Thompson, who also started about half of UVA games, transferred from UVA last year. Does that make Tony Bennett, a crappy coach?

Contributing players transfer from winning programs, losing programs, programs with HOF coaches and programs with coaches about to get fired. There are a variety of complex reasons why players transfer. Don't pretend like you know all the factors that went into Key's decision.

I happen to think we need a new basketball coach. Until that happens we are all just pissing in the wind.

When was the last time a high contributing player left Wake with one year left left. I am sure it happened with BZ, but this should not happen to a healthy power 5 program.

Manning has earned a nice retirement.

Happens plenty in college basketball right now. Al Freeman was a grad transfer from a Baylor team that went to NCSU trying to find a more pick/roll oriented system that would better play to his strengths as a player. Played 25 min and averaged 10 points a game for a NCAA Baylor team the year he transferred. Sometimes kids are looking for something else. Wake will benefit from a similar scenario soon.

Two high contributing players , Marial Shayock, who started more games for UVA than Key did for WF, and Darrius Thompson, who also started about half of UVA games, transferred from UVA last year. Does that make Tony Bennett, a crappy coach?

Contributing players transfer from winning programs, losing programs, programs with HOF coaches and programs with coaches about to get fired. There are a variety of complex reasons why players transfer. Don't pretend like you know all the factors that went into Key's decision.

well he was the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed... so these transfers don't bode well!

Keyshawn appeared to be very unhappy this year. He has one year left to play college basketball. He did the work and got his degree. What would you do?

Keyshawn appeared to be very unhappy this year. He has one year left to play college basketball. He did the work and got his degree. What would you do?

You know who looked even more unhappy? The Wake fans that showed up to watch the games. Alumni actually had to pay to watch that garbage, at least for students it was free (and even they didn't show up).

Oh man, bad move. You want to get drafted, but you most likely cut your minutes in half? I agree he will be a nice piece off the bench for them, but hell starter minutes or close to were here. I guess I’d on’t get it. They will get to the NCAA, I guess. I thought he left for an “impact role” to get exposure.

Keyshawn has absolutely no chance in hell of getting drafted, and he knows that.

Back