• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

Frustratingly woods would pass up early wide open 3’s. The one guy that had to have a green light.

Ball needed to move more quickly on passes so the ball is going one way and the defenders are going the other way. Lots of dribbling between passes gives the defense time to reset.

and often when there was any semblance of ball movement whatsoever KW was one of the worst offenders of holding the ball allowing the defense to reset.....very very frustrating to watch

Interesting tidbits about transfers. Over 1/3 of all college students change schools before graduation. About half the transfers do it more than once.

Does that number include transferring from a community college to a 4-year institution?

Does that number include transferring from a community college to a 4-year institution?

That particular set of stats includes transfers from 2 year to 4 year institutions, as well as transfers between 4 year degree institutions.

3+ times out of ~70 possessions in more than one ACC game

So what would the language then to describe 5% (your arbitrary number, btw, one I think is not at all accurate) of possessions? I chose "almost never" which I am going to define at 1-2%. The Reff defined that 5% number as "almost every possession" and you are defining it as "a lot."

I think between 2%-5% is likely somewhere slightly more than "almost never" but a whole lot less than "a lot" Shall we choose, "infrequently but still too often..."

Honestly, this is an issue I don't remember at all. As many have said, we did not do much with passing around the horn for 30 seconds of which the oddity really stood out to me because when we played Syracuse at home - a team that is famed for their zone D, our perimeter passing really found openings in the D. So we were able to crack the best zone D in the country but not average ones by opponents we didn't prepare in a focused way - it would appear from the outside looking in.

So what would the language then to describe 5% (your arbitrary number, btw, one I think is not at all accurate) of possessions? I chose "almost never" which I am going to define at 1-2%. The Reff defined that 5% number as "almost every possession" and you are defining it as "a lot."

I think between 2%-5% is likely somewhere slightly more than "almost never" but a whole lot less than "a lot" Shall we choose, "infrequently but still too often..."

Honestly, this is an issue I don't remember at all. As many have said, we did not do much with passing around the horn for 30 seconds of which the oddity really stood out to me because when we played Syracuse at home - a team that is famed for their zone D, our perimeter passing really found openings in the D. So we were able to crack the best zone D in the country but not average ones by opponents we didn't prepare in a focused way - it would appear from the outside looking in.

I would describe it as "unacceptably high"; as in the first time it happens should be the last, and it happened multiple times in multiple games...

Meeting with Louisville today. Will be great to see him draining threes on CDM's defense.

That particular set of stats includes transfers from 2 year to 4 year institutions, as well as transfers between 4 year degree institutions.

Which is why that 1/3 number is so high. It's not 1/3 of 4-year institution students transferring to other 4-year institutions since if that were the case, every college would have a HUGE transfer center, with lots of support staff (and that is not the case at all).

Which is why that 1/3 number is so high. It's not 1/3 of 4-year institution students transferring to other 4-year institutions since if that were the case, every college would have a HUGE transfer center, with lots of support staff (and that is not the case at all).

After I went back and read the article I realized that it was pretty sloppy, lumping "transfers" from junior colleges to four year bachelor's degree granting institutions with transfers between four year schools. It would be nice to have the true transfer rate for people who start in four year schools.

Depends on the point of the article as to whether it was sloppy or not.

I would describe it as "unacceptably high"; as in the first time it happens should be the last, and it happened multiple times in multiple games...

I am starting to think you are not a math guy. I am not either, so that is not a slight, but holy shit you are inconsistent on your memory of this issue both in the math and in the language to describe it. From it happened "a lot" in defense of The Ref, to "at least 3X in one 70 possession game" to "multiple times in multiple games."

I think I remember Crawford coming down once in the last five minutes of a game and bricking a 3 without passing it. We did need a 3 in that situation, but it was a terrible shot that also seemed to indicate distrust in his teammates. But for the most part, I remember a consistently ineffectual offense that involved moving the ball around the key without softening up the defense at all. Still a criticism, but the opposite of yours.

Meeting with Louisville today. Will be great to see him draining threes on CDM's defense.

Nice! It looks like he has some options with several successful and winning programs. There are great Coaches at Louisville too!

What kind of minutes does Woods think he's going to get on a good team with better talent? He got big minutes on a crappy Wake team this year.

I would like to think he is smart enough to not step into that cesspool of an athletic department. But Mack did, so Woods just might. I would prefer to see him go to any other place besides Louisville, but I have absolutely zero influence on his decision.

I don't go to basketball games anymore but I'll definitely show up for the UL game next year and watch Dino and Woods run train on us. Seems like a good laugh.

I am starting to think you are not a math guy. I am not either, so that is not a slight, but holy shit you are inconsistent on your memory of this issue both in the math and in the language to describe it. From it happened "a lot" in defense of The Ref, to "at least 3X in one 70 possession game" to "multiple times in multiple games."

I think I remember Crawford coming down once in the last five minutes of a game and bricking a 3 without passing it. We did need a 3 in that situation, but it was a terrible shot that also seemed to indicate distrust in his teammates. But for the most part, I remember a consistently ineffectual offense that involved moving the ball around the key without softening up the defense at all. Still a criticism, but the opposite of yours.

in haiku form:

it happened often
the coaches did not stop it
peace be with you, friend

in haiku form:

it happened often
the coaches did not stop it
peace be with you, friend

Peace back at you. But it didn't happen often, a lot, or even multiple times in multiple games.

Your memory's tainted
By Your Danny Manning hate
Inconsistent hobgoblin

I don't go to basketball games anymore but I'll definitely show up for the UL game next year and watch Dino and Woods run train on us. Seems like a good laugh.

I'll see you there
34qtg5k.gif

Back