• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

I don't think that's the type of train Turd was talking about. But don't bother looking for a related gif.

I don't think that's the type of train Turd was talking about. But don't bother looking for a related gif.

Oh I know what he is referring to, but to keep it safe for work had to find a girl getting run over by a train and not the kind of gif you're picturing.

either way, Wake=the girl and it does not end well for us.

Last edited:
Meeting with Louisville today. Will be great to see him draining threes on CDM's defense.

With Dino and Keyshawn in town, this could end up being our best home crowd since the Justin Gray mask game. You know, back when we were good and people cared.

Seem to remember a lot of posts saying guys like Woods and Wilbekin could never play at UVA because of their defense. Coaching can do wonders.

Watch Keyshawn go to UVA and become a lock-down defender in a single offseason...

That would be awesome.

Watch Keyshawn go to UVA and become a lock-down defender in a single offseason...

That would incredible, but I don’t doubt Bennett could cover his athletic deficiencies in his zone. I don’t think anyone here has ever asserted Manning is close to Bennett in terms of coaching.

Also, I guess Key wants to play in the ACC against Wake. He and daddy must want to show Manning what’s up.

Essentially going from last place in the ACC to the top team in the ACC would be quite an accomplishment.

What a cunt, unless he's enrolling in one of UVA's top graduate programs, like their law or business school (which he's not).

I wish Key nothing but the best, but by nearly any evaluation (eye test, metrics, raw defensive numbers) Key has been a terrible defender so far in college. I doubt one year with Tony Bennett changes that.

That would incredible, but I don’t doubt Bennett could cover his athletic deficiencies in his zone. I don’t think anyone here has ever asserted Manning is close to Bennett in terms of coaching.

Also, I guess Key wants to play in the ACC against Wake. He and daddy must want to show Manning what’s up.

If this is the case, getcha popcorn ready!! :popcorn:

Hearing from Louisville people that Woods is leaning to go there. He feels that he can get good minutes with the departure of Adel and Spalding.

Dino and Woods can reminisce about all the Wake coeds they used to bang.

I don't get the sense that Key is angry with Wake or Manning. He got plenty of PT, I think he just wanted to be on a winning team.

Tony Bennett could use some instant offense off the bench, even if it sacrifices some defense. Woods would help them on their nights when the score is 19-14 at the half, which is most of their games

I hope he goes to Louisville or Clemson and they suck next year. Either of which is entirely possible.

I was trying to put my finger on why Keyshawn's targeting of multiple ACC schools bothered me so much. It's not just that he's kinda being a dick about his transfer - he'd be visiting Duke and UNC if he could which is just nausea-inducing for any Wake fan. But he's a transfer so it's kinda like when your girlfriend cheats on you but you realize she became your girlfriend by cheating on her last boyfriend. Loyalty to a program isn't his thing, fine.

But that sentiment nags at every corner of this program. I don't know that a single player has loved playing at Wake Forest since Skip died. Sure, we've had some fleeting moments of success or excitement, but there's been something hollow about them. There's no "I wrestled with the idea of leaving Wake because I love it" talk out of Doral. Out B-level players have no interest in a light 3rd year of playing time to get a chance of being a senior contributor like Mitchell. Manning wears zero Wake gear in front of a national audience. The best we can do is replay the Childress crossover again and again and again while he sits stoically on the bench watching the guards he coaches struggle with the fundamentals.

In a vacuum each defection is explainable. But they all share an "at the end of the day, I don't really give a shit about Wake Forest basketball" theme. I'm sure for a lot of us who attended Wake back when we were good, decent, or really good - that's a foreign feeling. I'd guess most have some story or experience - mine was playing pickup ball with Duncan and eventually ending up in a card game drinking and talking about Wake - that personified Wake sports. I'd write it up to getting older and being further removed from the program, but I wasn't there for the CP3 or Teague times either so I doubt that's it. Not to mention we seem to have the exact opposite thing going on for Clawson.

I don't see Manning as the root of all evil but he doesn't seem to have much interest in changing this atmosphere. Maybe we can get enough recruits and transfers to have the occasional good year, maybe his all-business manner resonates with guys trying to get into the league. And if there's a silver lining to all this, having 4 players go pro early across 2 years is at least indicative of a program getting more talent back into the pool compared to having 0 go early in the previous 6. [Redacted] crippled our program and drained the pool of established coaches that would consider us. Maybe Manning can continue to land enough talent to put us in a stronger position for our next hire. Kind of a sad thing to hope for. Meanwhile corrupt as hell Louisville gets Mack and the beat goes on...

Uh yeah, DC. That’s why many of us are sick and tired of the direction of the program you keep defending.

Back