• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

Calm down...nobody's attacking you. You said I was being LOWF for supporting a transferring player after Wrangor said ..."If he transfers in conference I will root for him to flop big time." You were pro-Bzzz and you've been pro-Manning because we've shown 'progress'. I think that is more of a LOWF mentality than supporting a transferring player who wants to move on to a better program/overall situation to show off his talents before his time runs out.

It's not like anyone is going to be hoping he drops 30 on us if we play him again, but he's always going to be a member of the WF community so he deserves some respect. Hoping he 'flops big time' is a bullshit comment. Feel free to support it if you'd like to...I don't. Go Deacs

You know you're making a terrible argument when you have to resort to telling someone to "calm down" on an internet message board.

As for the rest, it's comical that you would criticize pushing an argument to extremes and then do that exact same thing a couple posts later. I'm not interested in litigating the nonsense that I was "pro Buzz" or that I'm currently "pro Manning" and whatever extreme you're repeatedly trying to associate me with, but definitely some nice hypocrisy on display there.

Also who is "flops big time" a quote from? I never said anything like that. And again, I never made any judgment about how folks should feel about Keyshawn's leaving. I'm specifically saying that you calling out Wrangor (and then explaining it in part because Wake doesn't have rivals) is shitty. That's it. Absolutely a LOWF view combined with a nice side of judgment. Ugly stuff.

I'm sure you can invent some more views of mine or others to fit your next narrative, so have at it.

Isn’t this kind of the pot calling the kettle black? LOWF comes in all shapes and sizes.

As for the rest, it's comical that you would criticize pushing an argument to extremes and then do that exact same thing a couple posts later. I'm not interested in litigating the nonsense that I was "pro Buzz" or that I'm currently "pro Manning" and whatever extreme you're repeatedly trying to associate me with, but definitely some nice hypocrisy on display there..
DCDonk getting pissy at people rushing to judgment too quickly about Bz. Familiar. Solid Bz = Odom take.

[name redacted] sure reminds me of Odom who went 3-11 his first year. He gets 3 years to prove it. Looking at a single year when we knew we'd suck anyway even before losing our only point guard and starting center, and rushing to these set-in-stone judgments is ridiculous though.

DCDonk getting pissy at people rushing to judgment too quickly about Bz. Familiar. Solid Bz = Odom take.

Lol. The internet never forgets.

DCDeac, not going to go back and forth with you. Go Deacs

Yep, didn't just immediately write off our new hire after one bad year. For shame. Just dig into some of the posts about Clawson after year 2 from certain extremely prolific, absurdly negative posters for some real gems. The internet doesn't forget the scorching hot takes on Manning year 3 either. As I've posted dozens of times, I'm never going to apologize for being an optimist when it comes to Wake sports. I know more than most about the behind-the-scenes world of the Dinos firing and the [Redacted] hiring. Didn't like the hire, but didn't ever move the goalposts on 4 years with no tourney bid or you should be fired. Manning gets one more year in my book because of year 3.

I know having a rational, consistent approach to Wake athletics that isn't mired in negativity is a rarity on this board. I'd say 80% of posters I know in the real world have long since ditched the boards because of it. I'm just here to talk hoops and recruiting, and can't help getting sucked dumb arguments like this on occasion just because the endless negativity can be overwhelming.

And remember Woods is the first player to transfer from Wake, potentially, to another conference team. Maktar being the only one to do so via Michigan and the NCAA violation.

He transfers to Ohio State, Kansas, UCLA or whoever out of conference I'm sure someone here will keep us up to date on his progress, but I'm not going out of my way to follow his remaining college career. Goes to an in conference rival I'm not 'rooting' for him and hope he goes 0-10 from Wake and plays the same level of defense he played while here.

DC, you only think Manning has had one bad year out of his four years?

Yep, didn't just immediately write off our new hire after one bad year. For shame. Just dig into some of the posts about Clawson after year 2 from certain extremely prolific, absurdly negative posters for some real gems. The internet doesn't forget the scorching hot takes on Manning year 3 either. As I've posted dozens of times, I'm never going to apologize for being an optimist when it comes to Wake sports. I know more than most about the behind-the-scenes world of the Dinos firing and the [Redacted] hiring. Didn't like the hire, but didn't ever move the goalposts on 4 years with no tourney bid or you should be fired. Manning gets one more year in my book because of year 3.

I know having a rational, consistent approach to Wake athletics that isn't mired in negativity is a rarity on this board. I'd say 80% of posters I know in the real world have long since ditched the boards because of it. I'm just here to talk hoops and recruiting, and can't help getting sucked dumb arguments like this on occasion just because the endless negativity can be overwhelming.

aaaaaaaamd here comes condescending DCDeac

The idea of "wishing him well", wherever Key goes, including other ACC teams is definitely pretty LOWF. The guy would have played major minutes next year, and chose to abandon ship (yes, possibly a sinking ship, but our ship).

I certainly don't want him to tear an ACL or anything, but will spend zero time or energy next year hoping he does well, or even following him at all.

The idea of "wishing him well", wherever Key goes, including other ACC teams is definitely pretty LOWF. The guy would have played major minutes next year, and chose to abandon ship (yes, possibly a sinking ship, but our ship).

I certainly don't want him to tear an ACL or anything, but will spend zero time or energy next year hoping he does well, or even following him at all.

This is where I'm at as well

I wish him well. He will be a fellow alum. I wish we had a program where he felt he could stay and meet his goals.

I don't view Woods as a typical transfer

He's been at WF for 3 years; he's graduating and he has options

Maybe if a player is going to be on the 5 year plan, we ought to stop paying for them to attend summer school so they can graduate after 4 years and transfer out at their peak performance value.

Transfers happen. It is not exceptional. But transferring 2x, that may indicate a problem IMO.

FWIW, I recall reading that him coming of the bench was actually Woods’ idea.

I don't wish anybody ( well except for unc/Duke players) ill will but I won't be cheering for him either

Back