• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

We need some new threads. Sick of seeing this dveryday.

After the New Year (ACC play), Woods never scored more than 15 (twice). He got more than 25 mpg in many of those games. Maybe he was injured.

I brought this up while it was happening but I felt our staff mishandled Key's injury. A couple of extra recovery weeks would have been beneficial in him finishing out the year strong. Who knows, maybe he would have come back if he had a better end to the year.

I brought this up while it was happening but I felt our staff mishandled Key's injury. A couple of extra recovery weeks would have been beneficial in him finishing out the year strong. Who knows, maybe he would have come back if he had a better end to the year.

I'm not entirely sure Key was really injured. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. The staff would know. Key was a bit better in 2016-2017 in the same time period but we were also a better team and he didn't have to be a main option.

Who knows, maybe he would have come back if he had a better end to the year.

I don't think so, man. Athletes want to play. If Manning had held him out longer that would have made him more likely to leave, not less.

I'm not entirely sure Key was really injured. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. The staff would know. Key was a bit better in 2016-2017 in the same time period but we were also a better team and he didn't have to be a main option.

So now we think Manning kept a healthy Keyshawn out of games, because...? just because?

Wow! Guess you didn't see the games where he played but had a hard time moving. If anything he came back too soon.

I think he was injured initially but stayed out of games because he had checked out/lost interest. The staff wanted him to play but it took some cajoling. I was told "there was nothing medically wrong with Keyshawn". I don't think he was faking an injury at that point, he just didn't want to be there anymore. You could see it in his play after he returned.

I think he was injured initially but stayed out of games because he had checked out/lost interest. The staff wanted him to play but it took some cajoling. I was told "there was nothing medically wrong with Keyshawn". I don't think he was faking an injury at that point, he just didn't want to be there anymore. You could see it in his play after he returned.

For what it's worth, I was also told this.

Very believable just based upon the team's body language (and late game collapses) last year. May be totally wrong, but think that even if team chemistry is "meh" next year, it will be better than last year when it was toxic. That alone will lead to better (slightly) results.

Very believable just based upon the team's body language (and late game collapses) last year. May be totally wrong, but think that even if team chemistry is "meh" next year, it will be better than last year when it was toxic. That alone will lead to better (slightly) results.

I long suspected the chemistry issues. Hope they're mitigated for the most part this year coming.

Did we lose because things are toxic or were things toxic because we lose?

Did we lose because things are toxic or were things toxic because we lose?

I’m far less anti-Manning than most around here, but I kind of agree here.

It’s easy to just point to poor chemistry when things go bad and you (as an outsider) can’t explain exactly why.

However, losing certainly makes things tougher on a team. And it gets worse and worse as the struggles continue.

I won’t use chemistry as an excuse if we suck this year, but I definitely think there is potential to turn the ship around with some new blood and a good start to the season.

Back