• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

why would anyone pay the sixth man on a shitty acc team money to play basketball?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

why would anyone pay the sixth man on a shitty acc team money to play basketball?
Andre Washington and his 1.9 PPG as a junior are in the G League.

They are guys like Austin Arians out there.

Maybe there is someone who wants a Wake masters and can shoot threes.

We do need to pick up a shooter. This does hurt.

Basketball-wise, I'm not sure how much sense this makes for Key. Where is he going to get 25 mpg at a better program?

so what we are saying is...even some posters on here knew prior to the season there was a good chance of key not being here next year...yet we fail to line up even 1 guy that would be a good fill in? great preparation on this staff...dont even try to argue no one could predict this, some did before the year, and many did during the year. yet another example of our coach having no clue...hopefully he lands the perfect transfer right here and shuts me up...but i doubt it

Best of luck to Woods.

I hope this means more run for Chaundee at the two.

If Keyshawn is looking to play more college hoop, he needs to avoid any program that values man to man defensive skills.

BTW, for those that claim Keyshawn transferring twice is not a red flag, a player's parent injecting himself or herself into a coach's basketball decisions is an undeniable red flag. It's pathetic when high school parents try to do it (it's even pathetic when middle school age parents do it), and college parents must STFU when it comes to basketball (or football or baseball or soccer) decisions that involve your kid. Your son is a man. If Keyshawn has an issue, he should be the one communicating with the coach. Not dad. Ever.

The wave of sentiment on this board is to instantly blame Manning for every issue that arises, but if the report is true that Keyshawn's dad is agitating for his kid or otherwise trying to involve himself in the WF program as anything other than a spectator, Keyshawn has to go.

Dumpster fire.

Hoping both Craw and Moore stick around for one more year. But who knows if they want to start their pro career like Dino’s.

If Keyshawn is looking to play more college hoop, he needs to avoid any program that values man to man defensive skills.

BTW, for those that claim Keyshawn transferring twice is not a red flag, a player's parent injecting himself or herself into a coach's basketball decisions is an undeniable red flag. It's pathetic when high school parents try to do it (it's even pathetic when middle school age parents do it), and college parents must STFU when it comes to basketball (or football or baseball or soccer) decisions that involve your kid. Your son is a man. If Keyshawn has an issue, he should be the one communicating with the coach. Not dad. Ever.

The wave of sentiment on this board is to instantly blame Manning for every issue that arises, but if the report is true that Keyshawn's dad is agitating for his kid or otherwise trying to involve himself in the WF program as anything other than a spectator, Keyshawn has to go.

my point is regarding the last paragraph...knowing key wouldnt be around next year was obvious...yet here we go on another scramble to find someone that most likely shouldnt be considered for an acc school...but ill shut about it till im right.

You are correct. The red flag is about Key's parent's more than Danny. This is Key's second transfer.

I'm not saying Danny is absolved from anything, but this is more about other factors.

We have the rare combination of coach who players dislike and who has no ability to manage a game. This Wellman guy can pick em.

I guess not being good at managing playing time might engender dissatisfaction from players.

What are Manning's strong points again? Being tall?

Maybe Wake just doesn't offer the graduate degree that Key has dreamed about his whole life.

Not going to disparage the kid nor Manning on this, but just wish him good luck wherever he goes. Doral and Crawford will test the waters but I predict Doral will be back, not sure about Bryant

I have heard that at least one more player is likely to leave the program this offseason

Not going to disparage the kid nor Manning on this, but just wish him good luck wherever he goes. Doral and Crawford will test the waters but I predict Doral will be back, not sure about Bryant

What waters? The Black Sea?

Back