• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

So how many schollies do we have left for 2018?
2 Seniors: Crawford, Moore
1 Junior: Childress
3 Sophomores: Chaundee, Sarr, Melo
4 Freshmen: Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, Wright

10 on the roster, so 3 scholarships open right now. Okeke might be put on scholarship for next season, though.

I would guess that Key will test his luck overseas. Guys like him can make a great living with the Euro-style of play...Or old mans game, as some call it.

I echo that I wish Keyshawn nothing but the best in life. By all accounts seemed like a top notch dude who represented us well.

I hope gets a shot, but Justin Gray was a much better player than Key and he has made a career of playing in 2nd/3rd tier teams. I doubt Key will do that well unless he knows someone over there.

He's a good shooter, but that's it.

Well... Shit! Chamaine Dukes still available? What a shit show this program has become.

Hes going to have a long list of suitors with legit NCAA tourney prospects for next season. Its a good move for him personally, just like it was smart of JC to go pro.

Regardless of what happened with Key Woods: Having 6 returning scholarship players for your 5th season is really sad (unless you are practicing the Kentucky, Duke, etc. model)

Regardless of what happened with Key Woods: Having 6 returning scholarship players for your 5th season is really sad (unless you are practicing the Kentucky, Duke, etc. model)

Skip had the same amount in his 5th season......EW/Gray/Strick/Ellis/Visser/CamStan(rs-fr)

WF has always had a lot of roster turnover regardless of coach. Odom averaged a couple per year.

Key retweeting a lot of stuff since the announcement, including fans of other schools trying to get his attention.

I just have a feeling he’s playing another year of college ball.

If he was going to play overseas, he would just say that. The guy is going the grad transfer route.

We can all at least agree that not having Key (and whoever else leaves from his point) isn’t a viable excuse for not being good next year as it pertains to Manning, right? If there’s not enough talent left in year 5 that’s on him?

We can all at least agree that not having Key (and whoever else leaves from his point) isn’t a viable excuse for not being good next year as it pertains to Manning, right? If there’s not enough talent left in year 5 that’s on him?

Someday we'll know, but if we believe the hype and what we already know, we may have 4 future NBA players and one lock for overseas on the team. Four legit pros in the upper class.

If you can't win with that I don't know what it would take? The next RR, Duncan or Chill?

Skip had the same amount in his 5th season......EW/Gray/Strick/Ellis/Visser/CamStan(rs-fr)

WF has always had a lot of roster turnover regardless of coach. Odom averaged a couple per year.

Prosser's team finished in last place that year. Woods making good use of his All ACC Academic intelligence.

I hope gets a shot, but Justin Gray was a much better player than Key and he has made a career of playing in 2nd/3rd tier teams. I doubt Key will do that well unless he knows someone over there.

He's a good shooter, but that's it.

God I loved Justin Gray.

I don't have any ill will towards Key, but this "wish him the best", "great Deac", stuff seems pretty over the top. Bailing on the program (Manning's failures aside) for greener pastures certainly does not make him a "great Deac" in my mind. This is assuming he's heading to a better college team, which I think he will.

If he ends up at Clemson or Tennessee (picked simply off his tweets), I certainly won't cheer for him next year.

Back