• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

good luck to Woods, i wish him the best.

i was really excited when Woods got here, but i think my expectations were a little too high. I was hoping to get a go-to shooter, and he just never became the player we desperately needed. that was even more obvious this season as he could have become the 'man' but regressed, as all numbers dropped dramatically. he also never really cared about playing defense, which also was problematic.

How ironic would it be if he ends up at Marshall. D'Antoni's system would seem to be perfect for him.

i was really excited when Woods got here, but i think my expectations were a little too high. I was hoping to get a go-to shooter, and he just never became the player we desperately needed. that was even more obvious this season as he could have become the 'man' but regressed, as all numbers dropped dramatically. he also never really cared about playing defense, which also was problematic.

Not sure that he didn't care, but he couldn't keep up with most of the players he was supposed to guard. Just not quick enough

He did regress, although the lingering injury certainly played a role. We'll miss his outside shooting, but it also creates more opportunities for Chaundee, Mucius, and Sharone Wright, Jr. This is a loss that we can overcome, and I also wish Woods the best.

Curious to see who else, besides Lorng, we end up signing from the Class of 2018. I'm sure we'll add a grad transfer as well. My hunch is that Crawford ends up leaving and Doral stays for his senior year.

Why did we call our back court players guards? They didn't guard anyone.

CurlyBillWellBye_zpsaa543fcc.jpg

Woods really doesn't hurt me to see go. I liked his shooting, but guy transferred in and transferred out. That is probably a sign that it is a 'you' problem. Hope he has a great senior year. I think most 5th year guys probably end up regretting leaving (and I say this fully recognizing that WFU continues to sign 5th year guys each year). You have been with a coach and a school for multiple years, and you are going to decide in your last season that you are going to learn a new system and play with a new coach, and get new teammates? Kind of dumb in my opinion for the vast majority of cases. There aren't a whole lot of situations in which Keyshawn will be better off IMO.

Woods really doesn't hurt me to see go. I liked his shooting, but guy transferred in and transferred out. That is probably a sign that it is a 'you' problem. Hope he has a great senior year. I think most 5th year guys probably end up regretting leaving (and I say this fully recognizing that WFU continues to sign 5th year guys each year). You have been with a coach and a school for multiple years, and you are going to decide in your last season that you are going to learn a new system and play with a new coach, and get new teammates? Kind of dumb in my opinion for the vast majority of cases. There aren't a whole lot of situations in which Keyshawn will be better off IMO.

They make sense when formerly mid-major players are trying to transfer to a bigger program for a chance at more visibility and to play on a better team. I'll be interested where Woods ends up.

Lol, I don't think you could be any more wrong.

Okay. Thanks for your insight.

I’ll try and put words to it:

- we are going to suck next year
- Manning’s best shot to keep his job is youth movement
- so even if Woods is best option in 18/19 Manning would rather go 10-20 playing Mucius then 15-15 playing woods
- he already has his degree, so why not chase a ring somewhere?
- the poor mouthing of woods or his pops is pretty lame IMO; i don’t know maybe there is something to that story but i really can’t blame him at all for not wanting to warm his hands next to the roaring dumpster fire next year
- the thread where he transfers to UNCG might actually make DRs head explode

Oh, please if he goes to a big name program they want him for spot minutes, he's not starting for them, he's not the 6th man. And he has to find a coach that only wants a shooter that he can't use on defense.

Woods is not going to show up next year in big games like Chase Fisher did.

Realistically, if he was hot it was great when he was not he was a liability because of his defense. Maybe he didn't care at the end of the season as he went out with a whimper.

If he checked out, it probably cost us a chance to win a game or two at the end of the season, since he certainly wasn't auditioning for his next team.

People have said it seemed there was a chemistry issue on the team. What hurts chemistry more than a guy who decided (or his father decided) he wants out at some point during the season?

I’ll try and put words to it:

- we are going to suck next year
- Manning’s best shot to keep his job is youth movement
- so even if Woods is best option in 18/19 Manning would rather go 10-20 playing Mucius then 15-15 playing woods
- he already has his degree, so why not chase a ring somewhere?
- the poor mouthing of woods or his pops is pretty lame IMO; i don’t know maybe there is something to that story but i really can’t blame him at all for not wanting to warm his hands next to the roaring dumpster fire next year
- the thread where he transfers to UNCG might actually make DRs head explode

What is our KP ranking and record at the end of next year in your opinion? Define ‘suck’ numerically.

What is our KP ranking and record at the end of next year in your opinion? Define ‘suck’ numerically.

6-12 in ACC, .500 overall. KP around 100. Nowhere near tournament. Ron says everything is great and Manning gets extension.

Woods' defense was not great but still was about average for a guard under Manning. He was not Wilbekin bad.

He shot pretty well most of his time here minus the last two games. He was also pretty savvy as well, making some shorter pull-ups that guys who are only shooters do not.

No way this does not hurt us and no way this does not say something bad about Manning. At the very least it points to an inability to get players to buy into his program. Woods would have played a lot and had the opportunity to go out on a high note. This is a loss for Wake and likely a poor move for Woods. Something is not right with the program for this to happen.

6-12 in ACC, .500 overall. KP around 100. Nowhere near tournament. Ron says everything is great and Manning gets extension.

This is far more likely than the rosy scenario of a win in the NCAA and a decent class in 2019.

Wellman always sells after the stock is worthless.

Without knowing the schedule at all or what the final roster will look like:

18-13 (7-11), KP 60

A whole lot of meh

18-13 (7-11), KP 60

A whole lot of meh

That would have us all locked in on the NIT selection show.

18-13 (7-11), KP 60

A whole lot of meh

That sounds about right. Best case scenario is 20 regular season wins.

I’ll take the over on the first two and under on the last. Winner gets to pick avatar for the following basketball season. No nudity/sexuality or foul language (don’t want my kids looking over my shoulder and asking me an awkward question.

Deal? I have to win all three to win the bet. That means:

7-11 or better in ACC
Above .500 overall
KP under 100.

Back