• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods Leaving Basketball Program

For all the folks who are saying we’re better off without Woods remember our coach wanted him back. That tells me losing him will hurt us.

We could use Key as a 6th/7th man...He could definitely contribute. But he can be replaced.

Getting another player as good as Woods will be a challenge.

Yep. We’d be hyped to get a player like him as a grad transfer. The only positive is that it will force Manning away from guard heavy lineups.

Yep. We’d be hyped to get a player like him as a grad transfer. The only positive is that it will force Manning away from guard heavy lineups.

With the recent comments about Jamie Lewis, A Craw, BChill, Lewis, Wright 4 guard lineup is still possible. Throw in Chaundee, and it could be 5.

Why did we start at 1-4? That was a season killer.

I couldn’t agree more. That start set the tone for the whole season...dreadfully damaging to the W/L and the confidence of the team. I was hoping Craw and Woods would lead and take their game to the next level, but it just didn’t happen.

With the recent comments about Jamie Lewis, A Craw, BChill, Lewis, Wright 4 guard lineup is still possible. Throw in Chaundee, and it could be 5.

Ugh. You’re right. Manning isn’t going to change.

There were some clear chemistry issues between Brandon, Woods, and Crawford. Definitely felt like one needed to go. That’s ultimately on Manning and the best option would have been for Woods to stay and Manning to figure out the chemistry stuff. But hopefully better chemistry and clearer defined roles will help offset the loss somewhat.

There were some clear chemistry issues between Brandon, Woods, and Crawford. Definitely felt like one needed to go. That’s ultimately on Manning and the best option would have been for Woods to stay and Manning to figure out the chemistry stuff. But hopefully better chemistry and clearer defined roles will help offset the loss somewhat.

That and the moment Crawford throws some crazy behind the back pass to the opponent, or dribbles like Curly Neal only to jack up a 27 footer, he jerks “Craw” out of the game and sits him down for the remainder of the game.

We’re losing anyway so at some point he either leads and plays smart...or we keep sucking so bad.

Manning defines the roles.

Like I get if you don’t think Manning’s capable of defining roles for players even with one less mouth to feed, so to speak, but say that instead of playing dumb.

Even hall of fame coaches struggle with chemistry issues from time to time. It is one of the more difficult parts of coaching especially for less experienced head coaches. Throw in parents, former coaches & hangers on and it can be a tough challenge at any level. An individual-player or coach can make a big difference-something I think we lacked. I think you have to recruit for chemistry-something I think Arians gave us last year that Thompson did not this year. If we are looking for a graduate transfer, I would be looking for leadership as much as on court contribution.

It's pretty awesome that we're discussing the benefits of losing a rising 5th-year senior because it might force our coach to recognize the downside of playing too many guards.

It's pretty awesome that we're discussing the benefits of losing a rising 5th-year senior because it might force our coach to recognize the downside of playing too many guards.

It’s called a silver lining for a reason. It sucks overall, and is a net negative, but there are things that might mitigate some of the negative effects. It makes sense to discuss them

Back