• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Also hoping Reed chokes. Spieth missing two eagle chances and the late bogey...sand still finished -8 today

That was kind of a hushed call by Nantz. Did anyone want this dude to win?

Allegedly cheated and stole some cash, a Scotty Cameron putter, and a watch from locker room.

Last edited:
I just read up on Reed and his family. He sounds like a real piece of work.

I remember reading that when Augusta State played UGA in the NCAA golf finals in 2011, a few AS players walked up to Harris English, who was playing Reed, and said they wanted to win the championship but they hoped English waxed Patrick Reed.

I've never heard the crowd at 18 so subdued as the leader made the walk up the fairway. He definitely wasn't a crowd favorite.

Lots of UGA fans in the patronage apparently. Also, very ANTI-AMERICAN! SAD!

In all seriousness, Reed's dubious past overcomes his actually (unintentionally) hilarious persona + stellar international play for a lot of Golf fans. It didn't help his cause that Rickie Fowler and a savagely charging Spieth finished 2 & 3. Rickie is on his way to becoming his generation's Arnie (win some majors Rickie!) and Spieth is so fun to watch once he turns it up. I really hate that Reed doesn't talk to his parents, but other than that I chalk up most of his bad behavior to being a socially toxic idiot in his youth.

@NoLayingUp has made me appreciate the Patrick Reed character. Also, who the hell says THIS when they meet people:

I remember reading that when Augusta State played UGA in the NCAA golf finals in 2011, a few AS players walked up to Harris English, who was playing Reed, and said they wanted to win the championship but they hoped English waxed Patrick Reed.

That was in the Shane Ryan book if I remember correctly.

Unreal tourney all around. Shocked Rory was so off today and never really in it on the back nine. Hope the other majors this season can produce the same finish!

Sounds like the wife is likely not interested in promoting any family reconciliation either.

Reed played some fantastic golf today. Had to imagine as he began the day that it was basically a Match Play event against a four time major winner (Rory) whose game was peaking.

He dispatched McIlroy and then, halfway thru the backside from Amen Corner on, he had to contend with the surging Spieth and Fowler on the leaderboard. He withstood the incredible numbers being posted as well as the bedlam of the crowd.

He handled it. He didn’t fold. He finished like a veteran. Hats off to him. He is Masters Champion.

Back