• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

I put the odds of Reed and his wife being the assholes in this family dispute at about 99.5%

Yeah, sounds like the classic story of the ultra possessive, jealous girlfriend/wife driving a guy from his family. I read something about his parents thinking he was too young to get married, but you'd think there was more to it than that. That's not an uncommon things for parents to think. What I don't understand is the part about his parent getting tickets to the 2014 US Open and getting removed by police at the wife's request??? If his parent's weren't bothering him or doing anything wrong, then how could the wife just get them removed because she wanted them gone? That's not right.

Yeah, sounds like the classic story of the ultra possessive, jealous girlfriend/wife driving a guy from his family. I read something about his parents thinking he was too young to get married, but you'd think there was more to it than that. That's not an uncommon things for parents to think. What I don't understand is the part about his parent getting tickets to the 2014 US Open and getting removed by police at the wife's request??? If his parent's weren't bothering him or doing anything wrong, then how could the wife just get them removed because she wanted them gone? That's not right.

I didn't get that either. I'm not sure how that's remotely legal. If it was her private property, I could understand it. But, just because you don't like someone, I'm not sure how that's grounds for having them physically removed from a public venue.

And her public statement about his parents being sick people really leaves the door open for more questions. That can be taken at least 1,000 different ways.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...les-away-patrick-reed-family-wept-watched-win

As a man who was long estranged from his own father, I can say that I'm thankful every day that one of us came to his senses and realized that life is too short, and blood too strong, to stay made for so long that you have no option but regret. I don't know who's responsible here, but for Patrick's sake I hope he grows up quickly and comes to his senses.

Last edited:
Agassi won Wimbledon when he was 22. What the hell are you talking about?

He had been pro since he was a teenager though.

Maybe Kournikova would be a better comp.

I also don't get the yuge amount of love for Ricky. Okay, he's a nice guy, but he ain't no Arnie.

Nobody will beat the King in terms of working the golf crowd. If anyone gets within a mile of Arnie from the new generation, it will be Rickie. Have you been to a golf tournament lately? Look for the kids dressed in orange, there will be more than a few. The kids liking him leads to their parents liking him and it snowballs. Rickie just does classy things (paying tribute to Payne at Pinehurst with the Plus 4s, paying tribute to Arnie at API, paying tribute to a dying fan at Phoenix, etc). The comparison isn't talent, it's how much the fans want him to win cause they like him.

By the way, Arnold Palmer won his first major at 29. Rickie is 29.

He had been pro since he was a teenager though.

Maybe Kournikova would be a better comp.

True that Ricky has gone longer now without winning a major than Andre, but Kournikova is a bit of a low blow. Ricky has won a few times after all, and 2 of them were the Players and Wells Fargo. The golf equivalents of Kournikova would be Natalie Gulbis or Camillo Villegas. Let's be nicer to Ricky and say Wozniacki would be a better tennis comparison, although she's way hotter.

I’d be interested in seeing the overlap between people bitching about reed being a cock and people who think Chris Paul is awesome. If you want a comparison run with that one

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...les-away-patrick-reed-family-wept-watched-win

As a man who was long estranged from his own father, I can say that I'm thankful every day that one of us came to his senses and realized that life is too short, and blood too strong, to stay made for so long that you have no option but regret. I don't know who's responsible here, but for Patrick's sake I hope he grows up quickly and comes to his senses.

Well that was awful. Nothing about that interview is dad being annoyed with son. That’s a dad who misses his son and is proud of him. Shit.

I’d be interested in seeing the overlap between people bitching about reed being a cock and people who think Chris Paul is awesome. If you want a comparison run with that one

Perhaps that comparison might be more applicable were this not a wake forest message board. Chris Paul is our cock.

Perhaps that comparison might be more applicable were this not a wake forest message board. Chris Paul is our cock.

I don't really think so. CP3 is a cock on the court, but is extremely well-liked off of it. Reed is unlikable everywhere.

Nobody will beat the King in terms of working the golf crowd. If anyone gets within a mile of Arnie from the new generation, it will be Rickie. Have you been to a golf tournament lately? Look for the kids dressed in orange, there will be more than a few. The kids liking him leads to their parents liking him and it snowballs. Rickie just does classy things (paying tribute to Payne at Pinehurst with the Plus 4s, paying tribute to Arnie at API, paying tribute to a dying fan at Phoenix, etc). The comparison isn't talent, it's how much the fans want him to win cause they like him.

Also, Palmer had spent 3 years in the Coast Guard by then, missing some prime golf years. (left WF after Worsham death)

I knew Arnold Palmer. I played golf with Arnold Palmer. Sir, Ricky is no Arnold Palmer.

By the way, Wake Forest was in the running to land Reed after he left UGA. Could you imagine Arnie/Lanny/Strange reading him the riot act after he got too drunk at Putters?

Back