• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Rumor had it there was this douchebag on campus who would go around trying to get women saying he was Arnold Palmer's grandson only to get caught by using the line on his actual granddaughter

That’s hilarious.

The Paul comparison is poor because his off the court persona is gold.

For fucks sake what is wrong with this shitting on CP3 all the time

I’d be interested in seeing the overlap between people bitching about reed being a cock and people who think Chris Paul is awesome. If you want a comparison run with that one

Last time I checked Paul never got kicked off campus, stole, or cheated. Last time I checked he has a good relationship family and within the community.

The hate of CP3 here is fucking embarrassing. You people don’t deserve to have nice things.

Last time I checked Paul never got kicked off campus, stole, or cheated. Last time I checked he has a good relationship family and within the community.

The hate of CP3 here is fucking embarrassing. You people don’t deserve to have nice things.

It's absolutely fucking maddening.

Nobody will beat the King in terms of working the golf crowd. If anyone gets within a mile of Arnie from the new generation, it will be Rickie. Have you been to a golf tournament lately? Look for the kids dressed in orange, there will be more than a few. The kids liking him leads to their parents liking him and it snowballs. Rickie just does classy things (paying tribute to Payne at Pinehurst with the Plus 4s, paying tribute to Arnie at API, paying tribute to a dying fan at Phoenix, etc). The comparison isn't talent, it's how much the fans want him to win cause they like him.

By the way, Arnold Palmer won his first major at 29. Rickie is 29.

I was paired with Rickie in the pro am and then was invited to be the "honorary walker" or whatever they call it 2 years ago with Rickie in the final round at the Wells. So I walked inside the ropes with Rickie and Roberto Castro the entire round. Stood with them on every tee box right there next to them and their caddies and their bags. It was a strange thing. Rickie was leading going into Sunday's final round, so we were the final pairing. It was crazy. And you're right about all the kids wearing orange, but you are forgetting that tons of grown ass men do it too and follow him all day. And there is screaming all day long out there for Rickie. Mostly females of course. He is totally unfazed by it.

Rickie played bad that day and fell out of the lead pretty fast on the front. But his attitude never changed one bit. Not one bit. He never said a negative thing about his game to his caddy. He was so even all day it was super impressive to see up close. He even made a few humorous comments to me during the round. So he loses, and after we walk off 18 he says for me to come with him. So I go with him to the locker room, and he gets stopped for interviews outside the locker room but motions for me to stay right there. Then he grabs a ton of stuff out of his bag and also his hat and signs them for me. Then he says "I can't wait to get on the plane and roll but thanks for walking with us today - I enjoyed having you. If you're ever at a tournament please make sure you come say hello." Most impressive young dude I have ever come across.

I was paired with Rickie in the pro am and then was invited to be the "honorary walker" or whatever they call it 2 years ago with Rickie in the final round at the Wells. So I walked inside the ropes with Rickie and Roberto Castro the entire round. Stood with them on every tee box right there next to them and their caddies and their bags. It was a strange thing. Rickie was leading going into Sunday's final round, so we were the final pairing. It was crazy. And you're right about all the kids wearing orange, but you are forgetting that tons of grown ass men do it too and follow him all day. And there is screaming all day long out there for Rickie. Mostly females of course. He is totally unfazed by it.

Rickie played bad that day and fell out of the lead pretty fast on the front. But his attitude never changed one bit. Not one bit. He never said a negative thing about his game to his caddy. He was so even all day it was super impressive to see up close. He even made a few humorous comments to me during the round. So he loses, and after we walk off 18 he says for me to come with him. So I go with him to the locker room, and he gets stopped for interviews outside the locker room but motions for me to stay right there. Then he grabs a ton of stuff out of his bag and also his hat and signs them for me. Then he says "I can't wait to get on the plane and roll but thanks for walking with us today - I enjoyed having you. If you're ever at a tournament please make sure you come say hello." Most impressive young dude I have ever come across.

Thanks for sharing. People like him because he's a damn good golfer and by all accounts a good guy. His time will come.

Just to clarify, I love Chris Paul.

I would love to see him break through. Everything I've ever read about him echoes what you've said. It would be easy for him to be a jerk and get away with it, but he's not built that way. It seems like he's been around forever and he's still only 29. Phil was what, 34 or 35 before he got his first?

Another cool thing about Fowler is that he's good friends and has a good time with quite a few other golfers. He's not a loner. He's one of the organizers of the Caribbean trip for about a dozen golfers at the end of the season. A great 'boys weekend'.
At the Par 3 tournament this week he played with Speith and Justin Thomas (what a threesome!) and they were really having a lot of fun. Had 2 birdies and a par on the hole where I was. Until you see him up close, you don't realize what good shape he's in. He's only 5' 10" 165 lbs, very lean and hits drives over 300 yds.
And you're right.....he does attract crowds.

I followed Jason Day and Rory at the Austin match play when they faced off during the Semis 2 or 3 years ago.

Day was always pleasant, and Rory was the exact opposite. Showing constant contempt for the fans, officials and even "politely" told a uniformed cop to F OFF. The cop was trying help move the crowd back so that he would have room to hit a shot that he had shanked off the tee to the right.

So regardless of Reed's issues he was my dude coming into Sunday. I wish Rory nothing but the worst.

For fucks sake what is wrong with this shitting on CP3 all the time

Yeah when I was growing up I absolutely idolized Chris. I never missed a game he played at the Joel, went to a bunch of his games at the West Forsyth, and when he went pro he won the Rookie of the Year by a land slide so I thought the almost unanimous consensus was he was ready and went at the right time.

I always thought resentment for him was only with the complete lunatics like BKF, it seems to have grown further than that though which is fairly disturbing.

also to clarify, i love chris paul....but there's no denying that he's a dick on the court.

also to clarify, i love chris paul....but there's no denying that he's a dick on the court.

Yeah, but that is the complete opposite of Reed who is decent enough on the course and plays big in team play events. Reed is a horrible person when he gets home. Heard he kicks dogs and is mean to old people.

Guitardeac has dropped another name. The world shall continue to spin on its axis.

Back