• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Yea the masters is a zoo now. Way more tickets/badges than in the past. I haven’t even thought about trying to follow a big name group in the past 5 Year’s. No point as you won’t see any golf

You just need the donaldross perfectly mapped out strategy of walking fast and cutting in front of people if you want to see everything. Lots of room to move around Amen Corner following a group and see every shot. People who sit there for hours waiting for leaders to come through are such rubes.

Heading down next Saturday to work the week once again (humble brag I guess.) Had some friends go down last week to train and they say the new main merchandise shop is unlike anything they've ever seen; can't wait to get a look myself.

Heading down next Saturday to work the week once again (humble brag I guess.) Had some friends go down last week to train and they say the new main merchandise shop is unlike anything they've ever seen; can't wait to get a look myself.

New ? Is this in a different locale than the previous building ?

Go on Sunday and stand out by the gate on the right side. starting about 2 hours before the leaders tee off. Have done this twice and gotten tickets with no problem as people are tired and ready to go home & watch it on TV. Two things probably go into this: 1] there are badges & not tickets so that makes it much harder during the week to just go for one day, and 2] the folks that have been there with badges all week are really tired, probably live close, and go home to watch all the key shots from many golfers from up close on TV.

My son & I along with Donald Ross went my first time the year Mickelson played with Couples in the final group. We needed 3 tickets obviously. We got right off the bat for $100 & let Little Reff go on in, got one about 30 minutes later for $200 & DR went in. Was starting to get worried but right before they teed off, I got one given to me and joined them at the first tee. We followed those guys all 18 holes & had a blast watching Philly Mick win.

Having read this I'm now considering driving down Sunday morning and giving it a try. How much of a hassle will traffic and finding a parking spot be? Is it gridlock after the final putt and everyone heads out? I'd be coming down from Charlotte so wouldn't want to spend 5 hours getting home late.

Leave cell phone in car. I can bring one in with my media badge, but still refuse to do so. You don't want to get caught with a phone inside the gates. If you need to make a call, they have courtesy phones.

Having read this I'm now considering driving down Sunday morning and giving it a try. How much of a hassle will traffic and finding a parking spot be? Is it gridlock after the final putt and everyone heads out? I'd be coming down from Charlotte so wouldn't want to spend 5 hours getting home late.

Best bet is to see practice round, check out the course, enjoy cheap food and drink, and get first crack at merchandise which may sell out. Then, watch tourney on tv. If you must attend finale, park in the neighborhood next to course on Washington Lane and walk to gate. You could probably sneak in from there if sufficiently young and athletic to climb fence.

Leave cell phone in car. I can bring one in with my media badge, but still refuse to do so. You don't want to get caught with a phone inside the gates. If you need to make a call, they have courtesy phones.

Agree. Don't risk screwing up a great day by having a phone.
Get away from the world and focus on golf.
Even if you get a chance to play there, leave your phone in the car.

Well, my family's been going since before you were born. They've noticed.

Yes, there are more people than 1965.

And you are right, my family didn’t get to go to the Masters. I built all the stuff myself and I’d be damn embarrassed to be a man I ever took a penny of inheritance from anyone.

Yes, there are more people than 1965.

And you are right, my family didn’t get to go to the Masters. I built all the stuff myself and I’d be damn embarrassed to be a man I ever took a penny of inheritance from anyone.

You’re a lot older than I thought. And I’ve never inherited anything other than a $500 life insurance policy and a handgun you self righteous cunt. I’ve got relatives from Augusta.

I'm beginning to think this thread isn't about golf at all

This thread delivers. I thought i was gonna read up on the sharp’s view on Tiger but it was so much more...

New ? Is this in a different locale than the previous building ?

Yeah, the old main outdoor shop (on the right as you walk through Patrons corridor) was torn down a few days after the tournament last year. The new one is built in the same area, with a larger footprint.

Every thread Drew posts in turns out to be about his small penis.

This is year 18 for us with badges.

Renting an awesome house in Westlake for the second straight year. The members are dooshnuggets, but I love the place.

You’re a lot older than I thought. And I’ve never inherited anything other than a $500 life insurance policy and a handgun you self righteous cunt. I’ve got relatives from Augusta.

I’ve got partners that live in Augusta and have for decades. That hardly makes me qualified to say what you said about crowd size over the last 15 years. The reason I can say the crowd is about the same is because I actually attend each of the last 15 masters (and the 7 before that) unlike Aunt Edna from off Walton Way whom you see on occasion for Thanksgiving dinner.

Every thread Drew posts in turns out to be about his small penis.

I have never been one to hide my identity on here. Why? This shit is real and WF is really losing. My last name is Brown and I’m winning. You won’t tell us your last name.

Back