• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Humble brag I guess, but those of you coming down for the tournament this week be prepared to be blown away by the new main golf shop. So nice!

I'll check it out on Wednesday.
However, I'm a bit concerned. I've recently gotten my wife interested in golf after many years of trying.
Now, she has to have the wardrobe to go with it and is talking about a massive shopping spree for Masters apparel.

Bumping this.
It's Masters week and no comments for 3 days?????
Going to be a great tournament this year. Can't wait.

Bumping this.
It's Masters week and no comments for 3 days?????
Going to be a great tournament this year. Can't wait.

Tiger is apparently playing a practice round with Phil today. That should be fun to watch. Clearing my Sunday afternoon for golf watching.

Heard that Ariya Jutanugarn is going to caddy for Aphibarnrat tomorrow in the par 3 tourney. Thought that is kinda cool. Go team Thailand.

Some cool Thursday-Friday pairings:

Bubba
Stenson
Day

Mickelson
Kuch
Fowler

Scott
McILroy
Rahm

Tiger playing with Leishman and Tommy Fleetwood. Webb playing with Schwartzel and an amateur.

Sergio, JT and an am seems like a weird group.

ETA: I liked in the past how they would have a Spaniard group. RCB, Sergio and Rahm would have been fun to follow.

Well the defending Masters champ always plays with the reigning USA Am champ, so that one was a a done deal.

Forgot about that. Usually they have more "theme" groups. Maybe I am just missing them. The last four times are pretty stacked though.

ETA:

1:27 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar

1:38 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm

1:49 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Alex Noren, Louis Oosthuizen

2:00 p.m. -- Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafa Cabrera Bello

Forgot about that. Usually they have more "theme" groups. Maybe I am just missing them. The last four times are pretty stacked though.

ETA:

1:27 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar

1:38 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm

1:49 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Alex Noren, Louis Oosthuizen

2:00 p.m. -- Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafa Cabrera Bello

Lots of good options, but I think I'd go with the 1:27 group.

In my one and done pool who should i pick? Looking hard at Thomas, Spieth, or Bubba. Suggestions? Already used Tiger (the week he finished second) and Rory.

In my one and done pool who should i pick? Looking hard at Thomas, Spieth, or Bubba. Suggestions? Already used Tiger (the week he finished second) and Rory.

I went with Bubba.
He's recently found golf again after almost retiring and he's hot as can be.
When he's on........it's tough to beat him at Augusta.

I went with Bubba.
He's recently found golf again after almost retiring and he's hot as can be.
When he's on........it's tough to beat him at Augusta.

Agree that Bubba has to be a top 5 favorite because he's found the good Bubba, and he shapes it perfectly for this layout. But if I have to take 1 person given how hot he's been over the last year plus, I gotta go with Thomas. POY last year and had the best Jan-Mar this year of anyone.

Agree that Bubba has to be a top 5 favorite because he's found the good Bubba, and he shapes it perfectly for this layout. But if I have to take 1 person given how hot he's been over the last year plus, I gotta go with Thomas. POY last year and had the best Jan-Mar this year of anyone.

JT is a good choice too. So many options this year.
With the competition being so strong this year, if there are some very low scores early I can see the Golf Committee putting in some very tough pin placements and speeding up the greens over the weekend.

If the weather was going to be awesome I'd take Bubba, but I'll never forget him whining about how hitting the ball off the face was impossible during a drizzle before berating his caddie a few years back though.

I'd go with someone who can cope with tough conditions and weird tee times. Rose, Stenson, maybe Noren...

Back