• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

Would you expect otherwise? Dude was the original fitness freak on the tour. He probably still has more energy than I have.

As for rooting interests, while I hope Tiger does well, I'm not rooting for him and am definitely not rooting for Phil. Mostly just want to see a great tournament and am probably rooting for Rory more than anyone else. I'd like to see him get his career slam.

Yeah, years ago Nicklaus used to joke about Player “eating all those raisins and doing all those push-ups to try to keep up with Arnie and him.”

You are correct about the hole in one.
It was not official. Also, for the Par 3 tournament Tom Watson won with a -6 (a great score for anyone) and Nicklaus was listed in the scoreboard as -4 and tied for fourth. However, per a member, Nicklaus's score won't count since his grandson hit for him.
Regardless, it was a great event and there were 3 aces. Also, the closest to the pin contest was on the second hole. John Rahm won with 1".

Nicklaus played his own ball on that hole, so his -4 should've counted. Nicklaus was a legit -4 at age 78. His grandson played an extra ball.

Yep. His grandson beat him by 2 strokes on the 9th. ;)

They asked Jack where that ranked in the moments he's had at Augusta and he said #1 and when Jack kept tearing up talking about watching his grandson make that hole in one, I really think he meant it.

tiger not putting well so far

I thought it was possible he might struggle a little bit. Yeah he's played well, better than expected so far this year, but it's a little different ballgame in a major when you've been away for awhile. Even for Tiger.

You are correct about the hole in one.
It was not official. Also, for the Par 3 tournament Tom Watson won with a -6 (a great score for anyone) and Nicklaus was listed in the scoreboard as -4 and tied for fourth. However, per a member, Nicklaus's score won't count since his grandson hit for him.
Regardless, it was a great event and there were 3 aces. Also, the closest to the pin contest was on the second hole. John Rahm won with 1".

I sat on hole 6 most of the afternoon, right against the ropes. Prior to the Jack-Player-Watson group, I had seen one birdie on the hole (I did miss five or six of the early groups). Then Player stuck one within 3 feet of the hole (best of the day) and the threesome ended up with 2 birdies and a par. Unreal.

Finau was in the group right behind them, and it was utter chaos. There were probably 10 kids in that group and they were constantly racing from tee to green and rolling down hills and so forth. Could not see him make the ace on 7, but did see him running to the green and dislocating his ankle. It looked like he walked it off at the time, but that really sucks for him.

Hey, at least Sergio has his win.

In other news, how about Finau? -3 thru 9?

Back