• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

HONDO2

Reaction score
Went for 1st time 4 years ago and returning this year.

What a field and build up with Tiger back, Phil playing great, DJ, Sergio defending, Thomas playing well plus Rory and 4-5 other guys legit contenders....WOW !

Question - are cell phones permitted on course during practice rounds ? Can't recall from last time.

Who's going ?

I'm done with my annual trips to the Waffle House on the way into town. I own a house in Augusta now and roll in for the week. Take that for a brag and shove it.

I'm done with my annual trips to the Waffle House on the way into town. I own a house in Augusta now and roll in for the week. Take that for a brag and shove it.

Serious question - do you pony up the dough and buy the tickets on the secondary market, or do you get them through connections?

I had an invite to go all 4 days (free) a couple years ago and bailed because of a shoulder surgery that had been scheduled for that Friday months in advance. What an idiot I am.

Serious question - do you pony up the dough and buy the tickets on the secondary market, or do you get them through connections?

I had an invite to go all 4 days (free) a couple years ago and bailed because of a shoulder surgery that had been scheduled for that Friday months in advance. What an idiot I am.

I'm guessing he is a ticket holder.

neg

Go on Sunday and stand out by the gate on the right side. starting about 2 hours before the leaders tee off. Have done this twice and gotten tickets with no problem as people are tired and ready to go home & watch it on TV. Two things probably go into this: 1] there are badges & not tickets so that makes it much harder during the week to just go for one day, and 2] the folks that have been there with badges all week are really tired, probably live close, and go home to watch all the key shots from many golfers from up close on TV.

My son & I along with Donald Ross went my first time the year Mickelson played with Couples in the final group. We needed 3 tickets obviously. We got right off the bat for $100 & let Little Reff go on in, got one about 30 minutes later for $200 & DR went in. Was starting to get worried but right before they teed off, I got one given to me and joined them at the first tee. We followed those guys all 18 holes & had a blast watching Philly Mick win.

I didn't know they allowed up to 3 entries per day on the same ticket/badge.

Go on Sunday and stand out by the gate on the right side. starting about 2 hours before the leaders tee off. Have done this twice and gotten tickets with no problem as people are tired and ready to go home & watch it on TV. Two things probably go into this: 1] there are badges & not tickets so that makes it much harder during the week to just go for one day, and 2] the folks that have been there with badges all week are really tired, probably live close, and go home to watch all the key shots from many golfers from up close on TV.

My son & I along with Donald Ross went my first time the year Mickelson played with Couples in the final group. We needed 3 tickets obviously. We got right off the bat for $100 & let Little Reff go on in, got one about 30 minutes later for $200 & DR went in. Was starting to get worried but right before they teed off, I got one given to me and joined them at the first tee. We followed those guys all 18 holes & had a blast watching Philly Mick win.

Sounds great but if you followed Phil for 18 holes I find it hard to believe you saw him hit a single shot all day....

A number of years ago I was chatting with Palmer at the Wake cocktail party down in Augusta and he told me to never be too humble.

Sounds great but if you followed Phil for 18 holes I find it hard to believe you saw him hit a single shot all day....

Why is that? You can see nearly every shot on Sunday at the Masters. It is the opposite of Pinehurst in terms of viewing angles.

The 10th is the classic example. For years of playoffs you can just walk right of 10 green and watch it. There is never enough people to cover the huge ravine. Always space.

Sunday at the Masters reminds me of that Yogi Berra quote “No one goes there anymore, it’s too crowded”

The Masters is crowded as fuck for the past 15-20 years since they started printing more tickets (badges).

USGA did a horrible job at setting up the spectator areas and accesses at the last US Open there.

The Masters is crowded as fuck for the past 15-20 years since they started printing more tickets (badges).

USGA did a horrible job at setting up the spectator areas and accesses at the last US Open there.

You must mean the US Open. The Masters? Not so much.

What used to be 5 deep at Augusta is now 8 deep.

Well, my family's been going since before you were born. They've noticed.

Yea the masters is a zoo now. Way more tickets/badges than in the past. I haven’t even thought about trying to follow a big name group in the past 5 Year’s. No point as you won’t see any golf

Back