• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters

I was paired with Rickie in the pro am and then was invited to be the "honorary walker" or whatever they call it 2 years ago with Rickie in the final round at the Wells. So I walked inside the ropes with Rickie and Roberto Castro the entire round. Stood with them on every tee box right there next to them and their caddies and their bags. It was a strange thing. Rickie was leading going into Sunday's final round, so we were the final pairing. It was crazy. And you're right about all the kids wearing orange, but you are forgetting that tons of grown ass men do it too and follow him all day. And there is screaming all day long out there for Rickie. Mostly females of course. He is totally unfazed by it.

Rickie played bad that day and fell out of the lead pretty fast on the front. But his attitude never changed one bit. Not one bit. He never said a negative thing about his game to his caddy. He was so even all day it was super impressive to see up close. He even made a few humorous comments to me during the round. So he loses, and after we walk off 18 he says for me to come with him. So I go with him to the locker room, and he gets stopped for interviews outside the locker room but motions for me to stay right there. Then he grabs a ton of stuff out of his bag and also his hat and signs them for me. Then he says "I can't wait to get on the plane and roll but thanks for walking with us today - I enjoyed having you. If you're ever at a tournament please make sure you come say hello." Most impressive young dude I have ever come across.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I was definitely pulling for him on Sunday.

Yep, Fowler is the best. It really bugged me how Bubba (who I can't stand) latched onto Fowler when Rickie came out on tour. Bubba followed Rickie around like a puppy trying to get cool factor by association. Word was that Rickie was annoyed by Bubba and his nose up his ass for his first few years out there until he finally shook Bubba loose.

Back