• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Tito seriously had Lindor bunt. Jesus Christ.

Keuchel reminds of a pitching version of former Indian player and manager Mike Hargrove, whose nickname was The Human Rain Delay. Throw the damn ball!

Astros making a statement.

Bummed for Indians fans. On the verge of a title 2 years ago, window may be closing for them.

Astros will be rested and ready when they play the survivor the Yankees/Red Sox series.

Feels like seven games for both of these series. It will be interesting to see how the Sox play in Houston. Some weird Monstah bounces went their way last night.

Red Sox win World Series in five games.

Incredible pitching perfomance from David Price, Joe Kelly and Chris Sale.

Steve Pearce is World Series MVP. Two Homers tonight.

Huge trophy plus Chevy pickup truck.

Red Sox are a damn good team- one of the best of the modern era. They just blitzed some really good teams in the playoffs.

Primarily happy for Price. Also, happy for myself even though I’m a Braves’ fan because my city is happy. Wish they’d stop cutting to Boston celebrations. No real Red Sox fans are at fucking Fenway tonight. The streets of Providence and Arlington which I’ve been on tonight are quite ecstatic though.

I’m a Braves fan but this is false. Sox are basically all gone grown. Hell, the Yanks ate too. Come on Mitch.

Off the top of my head J.D. Martinez, Chris Sale, David Price and Rick Porcello aren't homegrown.

C Vasquez / swihart
2b Holt
Ss bogaerts
3b devers
Of benetendi
Of Bradley
Of betts

77.8 percent of the Red Sox typical starting lineup was homegrown. Name another World Series champ with more. This is the lamest, most butthurt argument I’ve heard lately

Off the top of my head J.D. Martinez, Chris Sale, David Price and Rick Porcello aren't homegrown.
Sale was traded for Moncada and other prospects. Porcello was traded for, among others, Cespedes, who the Red Sox got by trading Lester.

Dave Roberts must think he is still playing for the Sox with some of the boneheaded managing decisions he made in this series. Just play your best players regardless of what the stats say.

Sale was traded for Moncada and other prospects. Porcello was traded for, among others, Cespedes, who the Red Sox got by trading Lester.

Does that somehow make them homegrown? I agree they didn't buy the WS, but neither are they basically all homegrown.

Did the Astros "buy" the World Series by trading for Verlander and signing Reddick and McCann? What about the Cubs with Heyward, Zobrist, Lester, and Fowler?

You win by mixing homegrown players with intelligent trades and acquisitions. I'm no fan of Boston, but the idea of "buying" a World Series is just ludicrous.

I think the Astros and the Yankees are better than any NL team too

Does that somehow make them homegrown? I agree they didn't buy the WS, but neither are they basically all homegrown.
No, it doesn't. If you expect an entire team of 25 players to be homegrown, then, well, lol.

The midseason Pearce and Eovaldi trades were brilliant moves by Dombrowski. Arguably 2 of the 3 most important players in the WS flipped for some random prospects and cash.

Back