• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Indians had to make a move; their bullpen has been pathetic and sounds like there are concerns about whether Miller can return (or at least return to form).

A lot of teams wanted Hand.

Manfred calls out Mike Trout for not marketing himself enough, so the Angels essentially tell Manfred to go fuck himself in an official release. Weird.

Attacking baseball's best player to build the brand, interesting strategy.

Mike Trout's response is very Mike Trout:

"I have received lots of questions about Commissioner Manfred's recent statement," Trout said. "I am not a petty guy and would really encourage everyone to just move forward. Everything is cool between the Commissioner and myself. End of story. I am ready to just play some baseball!"

In other Mike trout news...

Quite the debut for Poncedeleon after his scary injury last year.

Rizzo entering with 2 outs in 9th , down 7-1, After reserve catcher gets dp, Madden is the man!!

Britton to Yanks for 3 prospects PENDING physicals (Yanks #9, #15 and one more. All pitchers).

Seeing the pix of HOF inductees, I decided to look up how Vlad, Jr. was doing. He turned 19 in March. He has a AA slash of .404/.452/.665/1.117.

He can't be long for the farm.

Seeing the pix of HOF inductees, I decided to look up how Vlad, Jr. was doing. He turned 19 in March. He has a AA slash of .404/.452/.665/1.117.

He can't be long for the farm.

He was hurt for a few months and just came back. September call-up at best, but more likely after super 2 deadline next year (or at least after service time deadline passes).

Yep, he missed five weeks. In the two weeks since, he's back to being a .400 hitter.

I wonder when was the last time someone hit .400 in AA or AAA for this much of a season (60 games).

I think there was a guy named Russ or Ross Snyder (who later played for the Os) who hit about .430 one year in the low minors in the 50s.

Article in the Washington Post today about the possible need for the Nationals to trade Bryce Harper rather than let him walk for nothing.

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...5482bf5e0f5_story.html?utm_term=.48df7b9c5590

Nationals would need to play .650 baseball the rest of the season to reach 90 wins, which is a guesstimate of the minimum number of wins needed to make the playoffs. The current series with the Marlins is crunch time between buy and sell for the Nats.

Phillies pick up Asdrubal Cabrera from the Mets. Dude hasn't played SS all year, but that's probably his most logical spot on this Phillies team. Phillies definitely seem to have a "acquire a bunch of players, figure out their positions later" approach.

The Phils do need someone who can catch the ball. There are a terrible fielding team.

Anybody on O's AAA team got to be thinking they have a shot at time in the show this year.

Back