• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Also, the frontrunners for Chris Archer, should he be traded, are the Bucs and the Pads. Weird.

Really sounds like Archers is going to actually get traded this time.

The rumor mill is fun for everyone except the Cubs - our prime target right now is... Matt Harvey? Really?

Phillies add Wilson Ramos from the Rays.

Braves/Phils arming up, Nats in disrepair. I was still assuming the Nats would just go on a 9 out 10 run and take over the lead at some point.

Wilson Ramos to the Phillies. Wonder if they'll send Alfaro to the minors-his numbers aren't too bad, but there are some things he needs to work on.

Edit: Knowing this team, they might try to stick him in RF.

Another busy deadline. Archer to Pitt. Gausman to ATL. Fiers to Oak. Dozier to LAD.

Really didnt want to see Archer that many times per year.

The Dodgers have so many bats now. If Turner ever comes back, they have a scary top 9 guys.

Wilson Ramos to the Phillies. Wonder if they'll send Alfaro to the minors-his numbers aren't too bad, but there are some things he needs to work on.

Alfaro is out of minor league options. He’ll be the backup once Ramos gets healthy and Knapp will be sent down until rosters expand

The's O's ship Schoop to the Brewers. No idea what the Brewcrew is doing - they bring in Moose, move Shaw to 2nd. Bring in Schoop, move Shaw to.... SS? They already have a crowded OF. Weird.

In exchange for the infamous "player to be named later," that is to say, not much.

I'm not as good with other team's prospects as I used to be but that Pham return seemed really light. Had no idea he was 30 either.

I'm not as good with other team's prospects as I used to be but that Pham return seemed really light. Had no idea he was 30 either.

My thought too, almost exactly - seemed light, then realized he was 30. Lots of Cards tweeters speculating that they just wanted to move him because he didn't want to be there.

Kind of a strange approach to move him (to give at bats to other guys?) but hang on to other assets. Like why would they not trade Bud Norris?

The reports on the Rays PTBNL are its a "significant" piece.

The description said the player to be named later or cash. If a player can be replaced by cash, he probably isn't anybody the Phils expect to make the big leagues...ever.

The's O's ship Schoop to the Brewers. No idea what the Brewcrew is doing - they bring in Moose, move Shaw to 2nd. Bring in Schoop, move Shaw to.... SS? They already have a crowded OF. Weird.

Easily the weirdest move of the deadline, especially if Archer was in play, given their need for a starter.

Yeah he's hurt.

Ramos will be able to play maybe 3/4 of the remaining regular season. Maybe. During his recovery time he should be able to serve as "catching coach" for the Phillies two young catchers. Bad hammie doesn't keep him from talking about pitch sequencing.

Back