• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

The most glaring issue with RJ's argument didn't even get touched on and was so easy. He basically called JBJ a great player when he's trash.

I think we can settle this now - everyone thinks it was a good catch.

Now, can we talk about Cole Hamels changeup? It was pretty sick last night.

Valiant effort trying to get this thread back on track. Is anyone surprised Hamels was able to flip a switch once he got away from Texas?

The super fun thing about the Yankees and Red Sox both being very good is that whenever they play each other the networks see it as an excuse to completely ignore the other 28 teams. And by "super fun" I mean "turd in the eyes".

The most glaring issue with RJ's argument didn't even get touched on and was so easy. He basically called JBJ a great player when he's trash.

No, I said he was an excellent fielder. He's a bad hitter.

How do you know he is an excellent defender?

we don't need to do this....while he's not the fastest guy out there, it's pretty widely agreed among everyone that he is at worst an above average fielder

we don't need to do this....while he's not the fastest guy out there, it's pretty widely agreed among everyone that he is at worst an above average fielder

I'm not disagreeing that he is a good defensive outfielder. I'm asking RJ how he knows. Fielding percentage? total errors?

I'm not disagreeing that he is a good defensive outfielder. I'm asking RJ how he knows. Fielding percentage? total errors?

As JDwag posts, "it's pretty widely agreed among everyone that he is at worst an above average fielder".

It's not about what I think. Experts say it and players say it.

It's pretty widely agreed among everyone that Derek Jeter was a great shortstop. He won 5 gold gloves. It's not about what I think. Experts say it and players say it.

Rj having a beef with Statcast (or "stat geeks" as he called it) is 100x dumber than his usual nonsense about WAR.

If the playoffs started today, you'd have Oakland @ NYY and Atlanta @ Milwaukee as the wild cards. The Red Sox and Cubs have the best league records. The Phillies would host AZ/LAD and the Astros would host the Indians.

Gonna be a fun two months.

When i looked at the standings, it was even more surprising to see four teams below .400 with two of them just barely (as of this writing) above .300.

There are three teams above .600, all in the AL. Red Sox close to .700 are playing crazy good baseball.

Even at 79-34 (.699), the Sox have to finish 37-12 (.755) to match the 2001 Mariners. 116 wins is just insane.

Even at 79-34 (.699), the Sox have to finish 37-12 (.755) to match the 2001 Mariners. 116 wins is just insane.

In baseball, any team that wins twice as many games as it loses (.667) is doing really, really well.

That Mariners team record is one for the ages. Right now, Red Sox are on pace to be at least the team with the best record in a decade.

Did Raggedy Dan put out another column in the Globe cautioning Sawx fans to not get too excited yet? Maybe channeled his Randy Quaid, as it looks increasingly likely they will run away with the division?

How many 1Bs do the Phils need? Loaded with bad defenders and their pitching has excelled.

How many 1Bs do the Phils need? Loaded with bad defenders and their pitching has excelled.

Phillies calling him a "better bat" on the bench with minimal expectations of him playing first.

Rhys Hoskins may be the long term plan at first base.

Back