• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Everybody gets a first at-bat home run. Cubbies, 'stros, Stanton

Eduardo Nunez with an inside the park homer. Yessssssss

Chris Sale is so good at baseball.

Someone is going to come from nowhere in the AL, just like the Twins last year. Maybe the White Sox show up early? Or maybe the A's put together another classic "make the playoffs and immediately lose" campaign?
I bet you didn't know James Shields was Chicago's opening day starter when you posted this?

Thor with 10 Ks today, Familia throwing a 97 mph sinker.

Probably need better bats to really contend this year, but they played small ball pretty well today.

I understand the need to separate results from the process but Nola coming out so early was a head scratcher.

Thor with 10 Ks today, Familia throwing a 97 mph sinker.

Probably need better bats to really contend this year, but they played small ball pretty well today.

I was really happy with Thor’s outing and thrilled to see Familia’s velocity is still there. Callaway is going to be great for the pitching staff. The difference in this season is going to come down to the bats staying healthy.

I’m expecting us to finish around .500, but depending on the health of this team and the unknown of how Harvey will produce in his contract year, I can see anything from 70-90 wins. One way or another, it’s going to be a weird season again.

Some pretty solid bullpen implosions from the Red Sox and Phillies to ruin nice outings from their starters.

Well, Kapler was stupid and took Nola out after 68 pitches. Not a good first game for him.

Anyone been to Chase Field or Petco? Headed that way in a few weeks...

Scherzer fans 10 in 6 scoreless innings. Not too shabby.

Scherzer obviously starting to defend the Cy Young from the beginning.

It will be interesting to see how Ryan Zimmerman plays this season, with virtually no spring training game play. How will he do in early games? Does the lack of spring training games affect his hitting or his fielding? Does the limited work help him stay healthy all season?

Is mlb at bat blacking out in area resident local audio feed?

A la they are blacking out my rockies feed and I live in denver

Kapler is awful. Pulled Velasquez with 68 pitches like he did Nola but had nobody warming up. He then took his sweet time to allow his guy to get loose and took way too much. Snitker got pissed because it was more than what they should have gotten and he got tossed.

They also had a position player pitch. It’s the third game of the season.

Gabe Kapler is so bad that it is truly scary that he was hired. How could anyone think he was the best man for the job?

Back