• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Gabe Kapler is so bad that it is truly scary that he was hired. How could anyone think he was the best man for the job?

Unless there are some unknown issues with these pitchets, he is doing badly at this point. And they fired an OK guy to hire him.

Would be pretty brutal if the Phillies' methodical rebuild was torpedoed by a complete misfire on hiring a manager.

Kapler is awful. Pulled Velasquez with 68 pitches like he did Nola but had nobody warming up. He then took his sweet time to allow his guy to get loose and took way too much. Snitker got pissed because it was more than what they should have gotten and he got tossed.

They also had a position player pitch. It’s the third game of the season.

Laughed as this was happening. Snit gets dumped 2/3 games. I'm convinced he wasn't even all that pissed but got dumped just to make Kap look more like an incompetent asshat. Was funny.

Yanks snowed out.

Not sure if the Yankees will be able to play either tomorrow or Wednesday as it supposed to rain each day. The last couple of Springs have been mild, but with the season starting earlier than ever and bad weather in late March and early April, there's going to be a lot of chatter about how the season started too early.

Usually, I have to wait until to May to figure out the O's suck. Not this year! Going to save me some time watching/going to games I guess.

Stanton with 5 strike outs in his home debut but Yankees still won 11-4.

Not sure if the Yankees will be able to play either tomorrow or Wednesday as it supposed to rain each day. The last couple of Springs have been mild, but with the season starting earlier than ever and bad weather in late March and early April, there's going to be a lot of chatter about how the season started too early.

How hard would it be to lop 8 games off the schedule and start the season in mid or late April? I can't imagine teams are raking in dough during these snow games.

How hard would it be to lop 8 games off the schedule and start the season in mid or late April? I can't imagine teams are raking in dough during these snow games.

It's not just the ticket revenue, but reducing the schedule by 8 games would mean a pro-rata reduction of the TV contracts, radio contracts and other revenue streams. Would the players be willing to take an across the board pro rata reduction to their salaries?

Also, the weather has been abnormally bad for much of the country to start this Spring. They are calling for measurable snow in DC on Saturday. If that happens, it would be the latest measureable snow here in decades.

Maybe Otani needed Spring Training. He couldn't hit at all in AZ. He has six hits, 2 HRs in his first three real games.

He threw 97 in the first inning and 99 in the seventh.

Last night with two on, the Reds intentionally walked Nick Williams, choosing instead to face the right-handed rookie. And then:

Kingery's grand slam

So that was cool.

Back