• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Spring Training is over bros. The big FAs have signed. Opening Day is this Thursday (hard to believe with all the snow on the ground here is MD).

LET'S GO O'S!!!!

bal-orioles-opening-day-2014-pictures-pg

Any one have some hot take predictions they would like to make before the season starts?

Will be interesting to see how Harper and Machado perform in their walk years.

Last edited:
As a Braves fan, I think we are a season away from being ready to fight for a playoff spot. An ideal season would mean Freeman, Gohara, and McCarthy have healthy campaigns, Teheran and Dansby bounce back, Foltynewicz and Newcomb make leaps to mid-rotation starters, and Acuna and Albies establisb themselves as 4+ win players. Preston Tucker hitting like a regular and a top 10 bullpen would be icing on the cake. If those things happen then they will be hanging around at the deadline with top pitching prospects Soroka and Wright knocking on the door.

Angels might be the most interesting team coming into the season. They made a ton of moves to take advantage of Trout's prime, the biggest of which (Ohtani) has strong potential to be a complete flop.

Angels might be the most interesting team coming into the season. They made a ton of moves to take advantage of Trout's prime, the biggest of which (Ohtani) has strong potential to be a complete flop.

He was supposed to have a pretty great hit tool, right? Never understood why he didn't go to the National League. Easier lineups to pitch against and he can hit.

He was supposed to have a pretty great hit tool, right? Never understood why he didn't go to the National League. Easier lineups to pitch against and he can hit.

Seemed like no team was going to let him play the field and pitch, so he was only getting pinch ABs in the NL.

Im headed to Miami this weekend, will miss opening day, but heading to Friday and Saturday nights game for Fish/Cubs - should be fun, never been to Marlins Park.

Here's a hot take for you. Phillies get an NL wildcard berth.

T-Mobile homies, our annual free MLB.tv subscription offers are now active through next week. Easiest way to activate is probably through the T-Mobile Tuesday app on mobile, though once you activate you can use it as normal on TV/laptop/etc

AL seems kinda boring this year. Gonna be Yanks/Indians/Stros I think, then MY SAWX and probably the Twins for WC?

Angels will make playoffs IMO.

maaaaan, I don't see it. their rotation is trash tier, their bullpen is somehow even worse, and they only have two hitters. for them to make the playoffs, Ohtani's gonna need to be a star right out of the gate on both sides, and that seems like a #longshot

I guess a better question for the Angels dreamers here is: Where's the upside? Like, are you betting on Skaggs to finally breakout? Or Richards to stay healthy? Or Shoemaker to rebound from a terribad year? Are you assuming Kinsler still has something left in the tank? Or that Cozart won't turn back into a potato, like he was for the first 600 games of his career, at a more demanding offensive position?

There are just so many things that would need to go right there, and they don't have the depth or high-minors prospects to afford for any of them to go wrong.

I haven't really examined them closely but they add Ohtani, Kinsler, and Cozart and get a full season of Upton. Infield D seems great. Outfield seems strong. No idea who their catcher is or the state of the bullpen.

Someone is going to come from nowhere in the AL, just like the Twins last year. Maybe the White Sox show up early? Or maybe the A's put together another classic "make the playoffs and immediately lose" campaign?

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

T-Mobile homies, our annual free MLB.tv subscription offers are now active through next week. Easiest way to activate is probably through the T-Mobile Tuesday app on mobile, though once you activate you can use it as normal on TV/laptop/etc

Now in a home market, of course no use for it, but share it with fam back east

Tmobile>>>>>>

Also 25% mlb gear

Not bad tmobs

Last edited:
Back