• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2018 MLB PLAYOFFS Thread (Cubs free)

Nats put Adam Eaton on DL. Same ankle as last year.

I love Odubel.

041118_cinpi_herera_catch.gif

Break up the Mets!

d'Arnaud may have to have Tommy John surgery and Plawecki got hit on the hand while batting in the 8th last night. Looking pretty thin at catcher right now. Plawecki's x-ray came back negative and hopefully won't affect him too much - Not really ready for the Tomas Nido era to begin.

Good for Manaea. He's a good dude.

Good to see him get the no hitter. LOL at Boston.

Two interesting scoring calls. The error on the shortstop and the "out of basepath" call by the plate ump on an otherwise solid single.

Phillies/Dbacks series could be interesting. Should be a decent pulse check on whether Philly is for real. Arrieta/Greinke tonight is a nice matchup.

They Just announced a Gondola system in Los Angeles to take people to Dodger Stadium from Union Station

They Just announced a Gondola system in Los Angeles to take people to Dodger Stadium from Union Station

sounds awesome. I'm guessing it's not the boat kind of gondola, that would be cooler.

Anyone hear Smoltz's suggestion about shortening the season and splitting it in half and having division winners of both halves? I don't know that it will help the tanking/garbage teams but might add some more intrigue for more clubs?

I'm pretty much a traditionalist when it comes to baseball and don't care for the speed up rules or replay, etc., but it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to shorten the season to 144 games and the two half-seasons is interesting to me.

Is "tanking" really a problem in baseball? Or is it just that it takes way longer to rebuild than in other sports? I want to say every single team except Seattle and Miami has made the playoffs in the last 10 years.

That said, a shortened season that starts in May is a no brainer. These April games are only going to get worse. #AlGore

Huge overreaction to abnormally bad April weather.

Back