• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is (was?) a bill in the FL legislature to make the state all Eastern time but with daylight saving all year round. so in the winter they will be 2 hours ahead of Central time. that would really fuck with someone like my dad who lives in Alabama but works in Florida, about 45 minutes away.

The bill passed the FL legislature but it would take an act of Congress since it would add a fifth US time zone in the winter.

what would be the benefit of eliminating a time zone

Because of all the travel and teleconferences with people doing business in different time zones, fewer people would find themselves having to figure out what time it is in some other place. Say Chicago and DC would be on the same time if the central and eastern zones were combined.

That said, I would be more in favor of eliminating "Daylight saving time" because changing clocks twice a year just messes up things. With the early end and late start for DST, it no longer really serves the purpose it was created for, to have "more daylight" to work with in the evenings. Flexitime for many businesses allows individuals to create their own version, if it is important. If you want more daylight at the end of the day, start work at 6 or something.

Another alternative: everybody use Universal Time. That is the time at Greenwich, England which is the "starting place" for time because England was in charge when the current system of world time zones was created.

Live Sports on TV

How so?

Unless everyone shifted to working the "same" hours, 9am-5pm USAT, then sports would either be too early or too late on the coasts.

And working the same USAT times would cause havoc on people's sleep schedules.

Hey cookout and Diggler, where should we meet for the game tonight ? Are we still doing the golf trip this spring ?

Hey cookout and Diggler, where should we meet for the game tonight ? Are we still doing the golf trip this spring ?

I don't know, but I scored those Masters tickets from DR, so I hope you two are ready for a wild weekend.

Well hit Arby’s on Washington rd, and cookout on the way back through Charlotte.

I don’t understand RJ. He responds to Winnie Mandela’s death with a Chris rock YouTube video, but takes almost everything super seriously. No functioning filter.

I don’t understand RJ. He responds to Winnie Mandela’s death with a Chris rock YouTube video, but takes almost everything super seriously. No functioning filter.

I don’t know who this RJ person is but he seems like a real shithead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back