• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
important question though: do you have any college basketball eligibility left? asking for a friend.

So as soon as RSF moves to NC, TK moves away. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

vUMjKWR.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, dude! You're through the worst part of the phd. Until the job market. and the diss. and exams and stuff too, I guess.

On the plus side you should have an endless amount of time to play on the boards.

Defs have my kids with me at a drag show on south beach. Don’t @ me.

Congrats, dude! You're through the worst part of the phd. Until the job market. and the diss. and exams and stuff too, I guess.

LOL. This is true.

Grad school and academia get better and worse simultaneously. I can look back on grad school and say “God, that sucked” and “That was awesome” about some of the same stuff. The grind of the dissertation was tough but the complete freedom of working on one thing day in and day out was great. Now any one email can derail my whole day.

Last edited:
LOL. This is true.

Grad school and academia get better and worse simultaneously. I can look back on grad school and say “God, that sucked” and “That was awesome” about some of the same stuff. The grind of the dissertation was tough but the complete freedom of working on one thing day in and day out was great. Now any one email can derail my whole day.

Good point. The simultaneity of opposites is such a weird grad school phenomenon. The work gets both easier and harder as you go coursework>dissertation. Your time gets both less structured and more structured. You party less while perhaps drinking more. You get deeper into academia while increasingly considering leaving it forever. You make more new friends and colleagues while losing touch with old ones. You write for a living while feeling like you've forgotten how to write entirely. You become an expert by learning how much you don't know.

When I search something or click on something on my work computer, and then the same thing comes up a few hours later when I'm on my phone on instagram, yet the two devices were never connected it freaks me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back