• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
YO chat thred

My swim and tennis club is looking for a way to replace physical membership cards with a digital version. Ideally we could scan people in and out with each family having a unique QR code. Roughly 300 family units.

Open to any ideas. Don’t really need a full service (CRM, billing, etc) solution, just something super simple.

YO chat thred

My swim and tennis club is looking for a way to replace physical membership cards with a digital version. Ideally we could scan people in and out with each family having a unique QR code. Roughly 300 family units.

Open to any ideas. Don’t really need a full service (CRM, billing, etc) solution, just something super simple.

retina scans or bust

YO chat thred

#humblebrag

YO chat thred

Edit: Oops. Missed that you were looking to replace the physical cards.

My gym uses a finger print scanner.

Last edited:
Our Y gives you a little keychain card and you can put it in their app and use your phone to scan in.

I've been a pen 15 member for almost 30 years

YO chat thred

Why is this necessary ? It sounds like an unnecessary expenditure. You've got a pretty small club. Someone still has to man the front desk to make sure people are scanning in.

Ahhh, I guess your club has fallen victim to the famous Swim and Tennis Club Fake ID Scam.

TBF I've snuck into, or helped my fiends sneak into, several pools during my lifetime.

Nothing easier than walking past a 16 year old on their phone. The ones who work the door at my ELITE neighborhood Raleighwood pool are hilariously incompetent.

TBF I've snuck into, or helped my fiends sneak into, several pools during my lifetime.

Nothing easier than walking past a 16 year old on their phone. The ones who work the door at my ELITE neighborhood Raleighwood pool are hilariously incompetent.

Exactly. And scanning your phone or whatever isn't going to change that. Someone still has to make sure you scan in unless there's a lock that's activated by a successful scan (additional cost + additional maintenance and pissed off members when it doesn't work).

just a friendly reminder that this is not the real chat thread, and that chat thread 219 has been posted at [board redacted], and that when/if this thread gets 2000 posts it should not be closed, because it is not a chat thread

Here's what you need to do at the club.

Develop an entry app where you scan in at the gate. After you successfully scan, the app sends you an access code which you enter onto the keypad, thus opening the gate and giving you access to your shared private pool paradise.

Go back to the car to get your sunglasses ? Start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back