• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I have a new CRAZY thing for us to fight about which way is the lady spinning
start tweeting and facebooking about this one before NPR runs a story on it like we've never heard anything like this before

Spinning_Dancer.gif

I can def see nip outlines, how about you guys?

Wasn't ready for bed last night, so I turned on the WWE playoffs for about 10 mins during the third quarter of GS-HOU and man does basketball suck so badly now.

Zero physicality, 5 guys standing around a three point line, either going one-on-one or making a simpleton lop pass to someone else. I don't get why people like it. There is zero nuance. That's why the Utes are so into it. I get that Durant is a freak and everything, but what is remotely impressive about someone his size making a barely contested shot, or dunking a basketball?

Wasn't ready for bed last night, so I turned on the WWE playoffs for about 10 mins during the third quarter of GS-HOU and man does basketball suck so badly now.

Zero physicality, 5 guys standing around a three point line, either going one-on-one or making a simpleton lop pass to someone else. I don't get why people like it. There is zero nuance. That's why the Utes are so into it. I get that Durant is a freak and everything, but what is remotely impressive about someone his size making a barely contested shot, or dunking a basketball?

nuBKF

biff, when you're on the school board, will you help prevent these bullshit teacher strikes?

These THUGS are inconveniencing and corrupting thousands of students!!!! Maybe millions!

biff, when you're on the school board, will you help prevent these bullshit teacher strikes?

I'll have the guts to ask for $2 billion bonds instead of $1 billion bonds and reasonable starting salaries for teachers and make sure that everyone knows the public school system as we know it will collapse if they don't approve it. I'll also stop providing buses for a far flung magnet system and allow parents to send their kids to any school 1.5 miles or less from their home. We'll also start mandatory preschool at age 3 instead of kindergarten at age 5.

Biff/Brasky 2020. He has guts. What about raises for just plain ol' regular state employees?

I'll have the guts to ask for $2 billion bonds instead of $1 billion bonds and reasonable starting salaries for teachers and make sure that everyone knows the public school system as we know it will collapse if they don't approve it. I'll also stop providing buses for a far flung magnet system and allow parents to send their kids to any school 1.5 miles or less from their home. We'll also start mandatory preschool at age 3 instead of kindergarten at age 5.

I’m on board.

how are you going to address segregation with your anti-busing plan?

That's the job of the city council and the county board. School boards do not manage housing patterns.

CMS has been ordered by the court to end busing for desegregation, but we're driving our buses to the moon and back every day due to inefficient assignment and magnet school transportation zones that are half the size of the county. And fuel prices are rising again.

As charter school options expand and townships look to withdraw from the system, this system is going to start hemorrhaging the high and middle SES students that it wants to use to desegregate schools in the first place. One of the reasons they want to leave is the lack of facilities in their areas and being passed over in the bond requests when their local schools are over capacity and the towns are growing 3% a year.

Last edited:
Hey, what do we know collectively about the "Robinhood Court" apartments in Winston. Asking for a friend (actually).

what the hell is this. I agree that in game one houston looked like shit and GS did in game 2, but those two teams both are capable of some really great basketball when they play in flow.

Fun to read, thanks. And notice, RJ, that I don't care about almost any of these "pedant," "schoolmarm" things.

Some of those are fine refutations of prescriptivist impulses. Others are dumbbbb. Saying over and over again that there is no "sound objection" to doing something doesn't make it a good idea. His argument about etymological fallacies, especially with "decimate" and "alternative" are good ones, but I have literally never once in my life heard someone bitch about either one of those.

Also, some of his shit is simply wrong ("literally" and "irregardless") or slightly off (like 'X' being used for 'christ' for a "millennium". Do you even Greek, bro?). What is he even doing with "Grammar" -- he's right, but it doesn't fit with the rest of his post. Also, while using passive voice isn't wrong -- and there's a time and a place for its use -- suggesting that it is always ok is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back