• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
That clip is basically my life and career. No joke. I love indiana jones so hard.

That clip is basically my life and career. No joke. I love indiana jones so hard.

LOL, also, I hadn't actually watched the clip when I posted this, so adding the Taylor Swift adds to the impression that my life is much more glamorous than it really is.

I used to walk past that "library" (really a church - Chiesa di San Barnaba) almost every day on my way to Campo Santa Margherita to party at Franco's (Bar di Salus) and/or eat pizza at Pizza Al Volo in Venice. Ahhhh Venice.

I used to walk past that "library" (really a church - Chiesa di San Barnaba) almost every day on my way to Campo Santa Margherita to party at Franco's (Bar di Salus) and/or eat pizza at Pizza Al Volo in Venice. Ahhhh Venice.

Are the stacks fake? I bet you were a fucking great Venetian, Chupe.

Yeah, that's not the real interior -- I think just a set. There are a lot of patched scenes of the city in that film. They'll turn a corner and suddenly be on the other side of the island. It's troubling for me, though it's a childhood favorite. Best representation of Venice in the movies is Don't Look Now.

I was a pretty fantastic Venetian, if I say so myself -- rarely left the town, instead partied with service industry folk in town and practiced my Italian, went and watched a lot of soccer (they were in Serie A that year), chilled with a bunch of dudes named Fabio and Alvise.

Did you march yesterday Brasky?

Nah, I tried to talk myself into it, but I'm just not a believer in protests/marches. Use your time and money to vote the bums out, or violently overthrow the government. Protesting is for IG vanity.

On that note, I've been at school since 7:30 and will be here until 8:30. Stupid PTSA fundraiser. Gotta school some kids in a student-staff basketball game. Which is always fun, but its been a long day of teaching and meetings and I just want to go home.

Yeah, that's not the real interior -- I think just a set. There are a lot of patched scenes of the city in that film. They'll turn a corner and suddenly be on the other side of the island. It's troubling for me, though it's a childhood favorite. Best representation of Venice in the movies is Don't Look Now.

I was a pretty fantastic Venetian, if I say so myself -- rarely left the town, instead partied with service industry folk in town and practiced my Italian, went and watched a lot of soccer (they were in Serie A that year), chilled with a bunch of dudes named Fabio and Alvise.

Don’t Look Now worth it just for the armpit licking sex scene.

Man I was really sleeping on how good Bojack Horseman could be. Had never seen an ep until starting it a couple weeks ago. Amazing how they can strike a balance between heavy and funny.

Man I was really sleeping on how good Bojack Horseman could be. Had never seen an ep until starting it a couple weeks ago. Amazing how they can strike a balance between heavy and funny.

Vox called the second season the best drama on TV at the time, and compared it thematically to Mad Men.

That show is really fucking good.

Last edited:
PapaKory not coming to see his son walk the stage due to snakebite getting worse again

apparently it's not the venom but the bacteria that can cause a buncha headaches

so GrandpaKory is gonna be the only family member there :/

yeah he was looking up at the stucco on the new smaller home they're putting up in Flo Rida and a Cottonmouth hit him with three fangs

this was like two weeks ago. whole leg swole up - but he never needed anti-venom

two days ago he started having trouble walking again. some little cell managed to stick around after the first round of antibiotics so he had to be readmitted for a second round of stronger antibios

called me this morning to say he's being discharged but he basically needs to be near a bathroom so travel is a no-go

dude wanted to drive Friday night from Tampa to be at Saturday morning hooding. I'm a little glad the crazy man is staying home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back