• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it a couple of years ago after having not seen it in ages and it cracked my shit up then, too. It has legs for sure.

on the upside i went to wilmington and saw my high school teachers yesterday

my AP Lit teacher is still hanging an old sign I made on notebook paper that read

"I am become Death, the Destroyer of Grades" - Mrs. Moon

she also pulled out a rad sonnet I wrote telling John Donne to go fuck himself.
"DONNE be not proud, though some have called thee
Catchy and witty, for thou art not so..."

I thought both were p sweet

I hate ceremonies and defs skipped my grad school graduation
Yep, skipped the Columbia commencement and everything else a couple days ago. Didn't wanna make my parents have to travel down and spend a few hundred bucks on a hotel for something I don't really care about.

Ha, I actually just walked through Columbia's campus with all the commencement set-up last weekend.

My family still came to town, we just spent the time together hanging out and doing interesting things instead of graduation things.

I do realize that for some people it is a more meaningful event than it is for me, but I just prefer not to go.

i mean the grad hooding is an hour-and-a-half long event. other than that we were going to go eat dinner/drink beer.

it's not like i booked the commencement breakfast/photo/DVD package. agree that making a weekend out of it solely through the university is a bit ... lazy?

I do realize that for some people it is a more meaningful event than it is for me, but I just prefer not to go.

Yup, different strokes for different folks.

Both of my college commencement ceremonies were pretty forgettable. I don't even remember much of what VP Biden said, but am glad he was the speaker. I was much more interested in hanging out with family, friends, faculty, and staff around the event.

Graduation ceremonies blow

Was happy to skippy my Masters' ceremony

My undergrad one was the night after the NASCAR company Christmas party (Dec graduation, had to take an extra summer class because my advisor f***** me) and I was so hungover and tired. But my mom made me go. It sucked. I just wanted to sleep.

Yep, skipped the Columbia commencement and everything else a couple days ago. Didn't wanna make my parents have to travel down and spend a few hundred bucks on a hotel for something I don't really care about.
Lol, not surprised that the "wfu isn't elite" guy skips his Columbia masters ceremony.

I finished my dissertation during the summer so my commencement was until the next May 10 months after I had already moved to start a new job. I wasn’t going to go up for commencement but my parents insisted. I’m glad I did. They put together a party for me at my old high school that my extended family attended. I got to see old friends who graduated too. It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back