• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if it’s being discussed anywhere, but this volcanic eruption in Hawaii is really amazing right now. I’ve got a few friends out there that have been evacuated and are posting wild videos on FB. Here is a live feed from the big island:

Do I need to replace a battery once it needs to be jumped or should it be good after jumping and driving awhile?

depends on whether the cells are still good/your alternator works and is charging those cells?

Do I need to replace a battery once it needs to be jumped or should it be good after jumping and driving awhile?

Did it just die or did you leave the lights on or something. If the latter, probably not.

Easter Weekend, we buy Boy 3 hermit crabs from the beach.

Two of them are very active, one never moves. I kept waiting for it to die.

Last Tuesday, I go to water the crabs, and the lethargic crab is not in the cage. WTF? The lid is on. The cage is on a ledge, about a foot above the kitchen sink. There is then the kitchen counter, then a drop of like 4 feet to the kitchen floor. Confused, I look around, the crab is nowhere to be seen.

Initial thought is that crab died and Wife threw it away but forgot to tell me. Or, Wife was just tired of looking at gross lethargic crab and euthanized it. I confront Wife. She claims to know nothing. I then question Boy. He knows nothing (not surprising since I think he forgot his pet hermit crabs exist). My parents had come over a couple of days earlier. I question them, they know nothing. It is a true mystery.

Fast forward to this morning, Wife calls. Lethargic crab is in middle of living room crawling across floor. WTF? How is this possible? This crab, that had heretofore never moved, somehow escaped from its cage (with a lid on it), dropped a foot to the kitchen sink, then dropped another 4 feet to kitchen floor, then hid for a week from us and house visitors and lady who cleaned the entire house last Friday, before emerging and being recaptured today.

Friends, this is some Shawshank Redemption-level shit.

Easter Weekend, we buy Boy 3 hermit crabs from the beach.

Two of them are very active, one never moves. I kept waiting for it to die.

Last Tuesday, I go to water the crabs, and the lethargic crab is not in the cage. WTF? The lid is on. The cage is on a ledge, about a foot above the kitchen sink. There is then the kitchen counter, then a drop of like 4 feet to the kitchen floor. Confused, I look around, the crab is nowhere to be seen.

Initial thought is that crab died and Wife threw it away but forgot to tell me. Or, Wife was just tired of looking at gross lethargic crab and euthanized it. I confront Wife. She claims to know nothing. I then question Boy. He knows nothing (not surprising since I think he forgot his pet hermit crabs exist). My parents had come over a couple of days earlier. I question them, they know nothing. It is a true mystery.

Fast forward to this morning, Wife calls. Lethargic crab is in middle of living room crawling across floor. WTF? How is this possible? This crab, that had heretofore never moved, somehow escaped from its cage (with a lid on it), dropped a foot to the kitchen sink, then dropped another 4 feet to kitchen floor, then hid for a week from us and house visitors and lady who cleaned the entire house last Friday, before emerging and being recaptured today.

Friends, this is some Shawshank Redemption-level shit.

Boy probably got it stuck in his butt and was embarrassed to tell you.

My son't hermit crab, Hercules, got out of the cage in his bedroom, walked down the hall through the kitchen, and rolled down the stairs to the basement playroom. This crab was active though. He also bullied the other two hermit crabs to death. We have time lapse video of a crab taking forever to change shells then, right at the moment of truth, Hercules runs over and kicks the new shell away and scares the other crab back into his old shell.

We have time lapse video of a crab taking forever to change shells then, right at the moment of truth, Hercules runs over and kicks the new shell away and scares the other crab back into his old shell.

Damn, that is some stone cold mean shit.

My son't hermit crab, Hercules, got out of the cage in his bedroom, walked down the hall through the kitchen, and rolled down the stairs to the basement playroom. This crab was active though. He also bullied the other two hermit crabs to death. We have time lapse video of a crab taking forever to change shells then, right at the moment of truth, Hercules runs over and kicks the new shell away and scares the other crab back into his old shell.

This is hilarious. Was just on a small island in the Bahamas (Man O War Cay) with a ton of hermit crabs. The big ones were the size of baseballs, maybe softballs. Pretty freaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back