• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake's "Call to Conversation" campaign has a good message, but maybe it shouldn't be spearheaded by the Advancement team.

Ah, so Hatch's speech at commencement that a buddy forwarded all about understanding both sides and shit is just a grift. Makes sense.

We were just talking about this at dinner tonight. I’ve heard very passionate arguments on both sides and I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to vote yet.

Is it safe to assume you've listened to the Lovett or Leave It with the restaurant-worker activist?

ok everyone, what is the best thing that's happened to you or to someone you know in the last week?

I need happy news, and I need this chat thread to deliver.

ok everyone, what is the best thing that's happened to you or to someone you know in the last week?

An old friend of mine was considering running as a Democrat for a state legislature seat. Before making her decision official, she invited the Republican incumbent to lunch. He accepted. They went to lunch and had a great time. She decided not to run against him. Now they're close friends. I found out this week that they're planning to do a politics and culture podcast together and another friend of mine will host.

Sorry for your bad news, but as for me we got our loan approved and just scheduled closing for next week!

An old friend of mine was considering running as a Democrat for a state legislature seat. Before making her decision official, she invited the Republican incumbent to lunch. He accepted. They went to lunch and had a great time. She decided not to run against him. Now they're close friends. I found out this week that they're planning to do a politics and culture podcast together and another friend of mine will host.

that's cool! hopefully the podcast gets traction.

Sorry for your bad news, but as for me we got our loan approved and just scheduled closing for next week!

Very exciting! Houses are fun. And expensive, but mostly fun.

I think I JUST found the spot that works for me in Pittsburgh

Hearing my daughter absolutely crack up when a bunch of books fell off her bookshelf and startled me

Is it safe to assume you've listened to the Lovett or Leave It with the restaurant-worker activist?

I actually have not. Do you remember which title / date it was? I missed a couple (have them on my iPod but skipped them in favor of the Philly show for recency). Was it someone from ROC? Or from the restaurant side?

One - I mapped out a system to get $15k/year in credit card bonuses the past few days. Free flights and hotels 4 life.

Two - After a year sans car (which I love, I walk to work and when not working I get to enjoy all the booze) the wife's nagging I finally pulled the trigger on the car that had been my dream car for the past 10 years yesterday and have managed to successfully spin it as her birthday present this Sunday, which I will surprise her with.

How is one more Republican in power good news?

I actually have not. Do you remember which title / date it was? I missed a couple (have them on my iPod but skipped them in favor of the Philly show for recency). Was it someone from ROC? Or from the restaurant side?

It was a pretty recent one, Rudy Awakening, and the activist is Saru Jayaraman from ROC. Her rant wheel topic is tipping, and I believe she talked about it earlier in the episode as well. I don't know if it will tell you anything you don't already know since you've been thinking about the issue, but I thought she was compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back