• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard disagree there

spartacus2.jpg

I used the bathroom there without even buying a Frappuccino.

Like everybody in Indonesia is a Muslim. Betcha didn't know that !

They all go to pray in the afternoon and I get Starbucks all to myself.

Kirk Douglas was born Issur Danielovitch and spoke Yiddish growing up. He went by Izzy Demsky. Thanks wikipedia.

Now when I think of Kirk Douglas I think of him being wheeled out at this year's Oscars at like age 104, unable to speak, and the old timer looking like a corpse.

Spartacus, Lust for Life, Paths of Glory, Gunfight at the OK Corral, Ulysses, 20k Leagues. That's some heavy hitter shit there.

I'm a behind on SNL, so this has probably been discussed:
-Donald Glover's episode was solid. I had read the hype about "This is America" after the episode aired and saw the video before his performance. His SNL performance was a bit lackluster compared to the video.
-Amy Schumer just isn't funny to me. Her opening monologue went too long and the skits she appeared in just didn't hit for me. Never understood the hype around her. Kacey Musgraves was ok; a little boring to watch, but I listened to her new album and it's not bad.

Haven't watched it yet, but hoping the Tina Fey episode picks up some of the slack from the week before.

Tina Fey was fantastic as usual. I still crush on her so hard. Her Palin impression showed she hasn't aged nearly has much as Palin has over the last 10 years. The Mean Girls Broadway bit was hilarious as well.

The SNL "This is America" came up on YouTube after I watched Nicki Minaj's performances from Saturday. It's still very good, but it loses luster if you've seen the video first. But then I thought back to my immediate reaction to the SNL performance. I googled the song and found the video after I finished watching the show. Then I spent about 20 minutes trying to find any write-ups about the video has I watched it 5 more times.

On a tangent, YouTube took me to Glover's cover of Tamia's "So Into You" on an Australian radio show. That took me down the road of several early 00s Alicia Keys videos. I was never that big of a fan. She was great, but I wasn't all that into her. But damn, I got the feels looking back and watching her early stuff. She was so damn cute and the music just had a groove that isn't really around anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back