• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

High Point U commits to basketball

We probably are never going to agree on anything if we can’t even agree that high point university is a super shitty school that rich parents send their kids to when they are too dumb for even the flagship state schools, can’t even sniff an average private school like Elon, but want the southern preppy experience so they shell out a shit ton of money so they can tell all their friends that junior is in college, one of those southern private schools.

We probably are never going to agree on anything if we can’t even agree that high point university is a super shitty school that rich parents send their kids to when they are too dumb for even the flagship state schools, can’t even sniff an average private school like Elon, but want the southern preppy experience so they shell out a shit ton of money so they can tell all their friends that junior is in college, one of those southern private schools.

Sounds like some HPU frat dawg laid some pipe on your ex girlfriend.

I haven't called you anything or said anything negative about, but there you go Nelms. I have thought you were different and better than many of the other posters. Here you challenge that opinion I had.

Yes, there are many barriers for millennials to beat. I've never said anything different. In my first post, I even gave two core issues that have led to where we are. Of course, you neglected that info.

The reality is you can be immobilized by the problems or try to overcome them. Many millennials here use the problems as a crutch.

You don't want to address the double unemployment rate from mid-70s-80s versus the current rates as a problem. I also mentioned how Reagan's act and the acts of big companies in the 80s are still being felt

Say what? Thought we were talking about the new High Point basketball on campus arena and all the debt they were in?

Wait, am I to understand HPU already had the dream of a sub-2K seat arena, and they are messing it up by more than DOUBLING the size? They are going the wrong way, DR. If they were serious about winning, they would cut 500 seats.

Wait, am I to understand HPU already had the dream of a sub-2K seat arena, and they are messing it up by more than DOUBLING the size? They are going the wrong way, DR. If they were serious about winning, they would cut 500 seats.

yep, bigger arena and old-ass coach with nothing to prove. #winning

Yeah, I'm confused how High Point is committing to basketball by doing exactly the opposite of what DR has proposed.

I know you guys are giving DR a hard time but the point is that HP is investing in their basketball program. Tubby isn't a forever hire, but he's definitely an investment that can take them up a tier to compete for "the guy" when he retires. And given Tubby's age it's not like he has expectations to be the HPU coach for the next 25 years anyway.

Meanwhile, Wake toils away putting band-aids on the Joel and being content with one NCAA play-in game a decade. HPU is making moves!

At least Tubby won't have to worry about academics when recruiting one-and-dones for the Panthers.

I know you guys are giving DR a hard time but the point is that HP is investing in their basketball program. Tubby isn't a forever hire, but he's definitely an investment that can take them up a tier to compete for "the guy" when he retires. And given Tubby's age it's not like he has expectations to be the HPU coach for the next 25 years anyway.

Meanwhile, Wake toils away putting band-aids on the Joel and being content with one NCAA play-in game a decade. HPU is making moves!

This. HPU stepped out of their lane and went for a hire that should be above their station, just like VTech did when they went after Buzz.

We settled for Manning and it's time to swing for the fences and take some chances.

I’m not sure it matters where the debt is rated. They are rolling along.

As for you, Nelms, WTF is a lockeroom pass? Of all the tickets you’ve begged me for through the years, I’ve never heard of those. I’m not anwering your question about my rep of Miller as I’m not allowed to do so. So you didn’t answer the question, other than placing national historic status on the Joel, what do you do about our coaching situation?

DR, I prefer we get better in a hurry in basketball. I haven't begged you for tickets ever. We went to games together and got tickets at UT football when Game Day was there. We went to the Masters on a Sunday with Little Reff & stood outside the right gate & all 3 of us got tickets to go in, follow Mickelson & Couples from the 1st tee on. But you just yammer on & on and make up so many stories to make yourself be the Big Man. Quit the crap and just try to be human. You ain't that big a deal.

I mean that’s obvious but we are dealing with a Wake administration that is perfectly content to do pretty much nothing, probably the greatest collection of risk adverse talent the world has ever seen. They are happy with their once a year birthday missionary sex and you aren’t going to do anything to screw it up.

yep, bigger arena and old-ass coach with nothing to prove. #winning

True. Old coach with little energy but a known name. We shall see. Having a nice new arena may help but they still play in the Big South. Big deal.

We are most likely talking more about this and the HPU boards, if there's such a thing.

Back