• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

High Point U commits to basketball

Please keep in mind that at least some of us have close relations that went to HPU and don’t appreciate all the cheap shots.

My undergrad degree is from ECU. Let's not try to get too butthurt here, big guy.

That is sad about Ecu. I made the trip to Greenville to see Wake lose a heartbreaker. Most purple clad drunk kids ever. Never do that again.

I went to a non-prestigious school for undergrad, but graduated with no debt thanks to the scholarship/parents combo and I have a law degree from Wake and that's all that really matters. I think it's hilarious when I see lawyers who went Wake undergrad and then to law school at Elon, but whatever.

I went to a non-prestigious school for undergrad, but graduated with no debt thanks to the scholarship/parents combo and I have a law degree from Wake and that's all that really matters. I think it's hilarious when I see lawyers who went Wake undergrad and then to law school at Elon, but whatever.

when did you get your law degree?

How about ECU for undergrad and Elon law? Or ASU and Charlotte or Charleston law? Or Pfeiffer and Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Va. I know young lawyers from all of these combinations. It’s a tough world out there for them. Having been a double Deacon, sometimes I look back with envy at kids who don’t have to stress out for 7 years. WF law seemed easier than undergrad to me.

How about ECU for undergrad and Elon law? Or ASU and Charlotte or Charleston law? Or Pfeiffer and Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Va. I know young lawyers from all of these combinations. It’s a tough world out there for them. Having been a double Deacon, sometimes I look back with envy at kids who don’t have to stress out for 7 years. WF law seemed easier than undergrad to me.

But are they top 100 nc lawyers? Your education has obviously served you well.

Where you went to law school is completely irrelevant if you ask me. I have worked with great, great lawyers from Elon who ran circles around my Duke law classmates.

I cannot remember a time someone walked into my firm and said “I really want to hire Mr Brown because he went to a top 10 law school.”

Verdicts speak for themselves. Law degrees just hang on a wall.

Where you went to law school is completely irrelevant if you ask me. I have worked with great, great lawyers from Elon who ran circles around my Duke law classmates.

I cannot remember a time someone walked into my firm and said “I really want to hire Mr Brown because he went to a top 10 law school.”

and yet one of your biggest complaints about Ron Wellman is that he went to Bowling Green. I know you will say that results matter, but if that's truly the case, then mentioning where he went to school is irrelevant per this post I'm quoting.

You didn't go to a top 10 law school, so that's probably why you never heard anyone say that. I completely agree that verdicts speak for themselves, and if you knew what I did or where I worked you'd know just how aware of that I am. The point I was making is it seems like kind of a waste to attend a very prestigious and expensive school for undergrad and end up with a law degree from a tier 4 school. You're not really arguing with the premise of my argument, but instead taking it a step further to say neither degree matters and at the same time making it about you.

You didn't go to a top 10 law school, so that's probably why you never heard anyone say that. I completely agree that verdicts speak for themselves, and if you knew what I did or where I worked you'd know just how aware of that I am. The point I was making is it seems like kind of a waste to attend a very prestigious and expensive school for undergrad and end up with a law degree from a tier 4 school. You're not really arguing with the premise of my argument, but instead taking it a step further to say neither degree matters and at the same time making it about you.

He's just butthurt that he can't break 80 on a golf course to save his life, despite his epersona.

I think the thread title would be more accurate if it was "Nido Quibein Commits to Giant Monument to Himself" but otherwise carry on.

I've come to realize my friend DR is a lot like my friend Ric Flair. Keep on fighting the good fight. Go Deacs.

DR, I prefer we get better in a hurry in basketball. I haven't begged you for tickets ever. We went to games together and got tickets at UT football when Game Day was there. We went to the Masters on a Sunday with Little Reff & stood outside the right gate & all 3 of us got tickets to go in, follow Mickelson & Couples from the 1st tee on. But you just yammer on & on and make up so many stories to make yourself be the Big Man. Quit the crap and just try to be human. You ain't that big a deal.
DR being a Phil fan is the most predictable thing ever. Douche attracts douche.

Back