• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Handicapping the Final Four

Who will win the national champion and what will the matchup be ?

• Total voters

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
You've already done a horrible job with your brackets this year. Now you have a chance to do a horrible job picking winners at the Final Four. Pick the winners of the national semifinals and national finals game. Pick your winner in the poll by choosing the matchup for the finals with the eventual champion.

I might see some money if Kansas wins. Dolla billz yall.

Like every team left. A rarity. Always liked KU the most of the blue-blood programs, especially once Roy left

Like every team left. A rarity. Always liked KU the most of the blue-blood programs, especially once Roy left

I traditionally hate Michigan and Kansas, but I like this Michigan team and appreciate what Beilein has done in his career. Rooting for Loyola and Nova though.

I don't really like Kansas, but I do like Nova, Michigan, and Loyola. Probably as enjoyable a Final Four as we'll ever have from a rooting perspective.

It would be so good for college basketball if Loyola should win. Not much chance though.

It would be so good for college basketball if Loyola should win. Not much chance though.

Yeah, but such results are bad for Wake. It erodes our advantage of being an ACC school.

Dishing out a bunch of at-large tourney bids to mid majors would be way worse. And even though they should get more, I don't see that happening any time soon

Dishing out a bunch of at-large tourney bids to mid majors would be way worse. And even though they should get more, I don't see that happening any time soon

That's already happened. Mid-majors get more bids than they used to get.

That's definitely not the case.

Now, a lot of that has to do with programs jumping to bigger conferences. But we are a far cry from years like 2004 where 12 at-large bids went to Conference USA, the A-10, the Mountain West, the Missouri Valley and the WAC.

Also not sure '06 George Mason or '11 VCU makes the tourney these days. Thankfully Loyola won their conference tournament

I guess I don’t really care who gets in between at large teams ranked between 30-50 in KP. Mid major or not they all have roughly the same shot to win the title (slim). The narrative created and destroyed each year when a Syracuse makes a run as an 11 or a Loyola does - confirming biases and talking points - is just irritating.

I'd be interested in a study on whether KP's rankings underrate midmajor teams.

I kinda feel like they might. Mid majors aren't going to necessarily be as locked in on every possession in games where they've got double-digit leads as majors are when they're playing close game after close game night after night.

Also no one remembers Syracuse. Everyone remembers Mason VCU and now Loyola. Deck is stacked enough against mid majors. They deserve the benefit of the doubt and often deliver when given the chance

Last edited:
I don't really like Kansas, but I do like Nova, Michigan, and Loyola. Probably as enjoyable a Final Four as we'll ever have from a rooting perspective.

I like how this post subconsciously admits Wake will never make it to the final four again.

I'd be interested in a study on whether KP's rankings underrate midmajor teams.

I kinda feel like they might. Mid majors aren't going to necessarily be as locked in on every possession in games where they've got double-digit leads as majors are when they're playing close game after close game night after night.

Also no one remembers Syracuse. Everyone remembers Mason VCU and now Loyola. Deck is stacked enough against mid majors. They deserve the benefit of the doubt and often deliver when given the chance

The mid major rank is interesting but I think cuts both ways too. Take a look at Gonzaga winning consistently by double digits nearly every game in the WCC. If you’re up 55-19 at halftime who’s to say that the team winning rather than losing is less likely to value every possession?

Back