• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

Not sure this Braves team wants home field for the playoffs...

Forgot to stop by here and chirp a bit about taking the East. Just get in and its anybody's game, very excited to watch some postseason ball in SunTrust for the first time!

Folty vs Kershaw Thurs at 8:37pm eastern. We're playing with house money, so let's make some noise...

Braves caught a little break when the Dodgers had to use Buehler in the Division Title game. He has been better than Kershaw, and now Buehler will only face the Braves once.

WC definitely helps the Braves some. Hopefully we can turn around our fortunes on the road against the top west coast teams, as didn't fare real well against Dodgers last time.

I feel good about playing the Dodgers and I'm not worried about home field since we play like shit at home anyways. Glad we dodged the Rockies, playoff games in Denver are the worst unless you're a non partisan fan. Both Wild Card games should be fun to watch.

I actually don't feel great about the Braves playing the Dodgers but starting on the road could be a benefit as poorly as they play at home. I don't trust the Braves pitching to hold up in the playoffs but anything can happen. The year is already a huge success winning the division and getting back in the playoffs.

Last edited:
We can get to Kershaw but their lineup is very good. Nervous about the rumored Newk start in game 2. Hope we take a short bench and empty the pen playing matchup games, as annoying as that is to watch.

Dansby looks to be pretty officially out. I am also shocked to see Newk rumored to start at all, let alone start game 2.

Unexpectedly, but likely correctly, Dodgers are starting Ryu in Game 1 and Kershaw in Game 2.

Dansby looks to be pretty officially out. I am also shocked to see Newk rumored to start at all, let alone start game 2.

I'll believe that when I see it. I'm with you, surprised he's even in the conversation.

Back