• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

I'm torn on this. I just can't figure out who the 3rd OF would be. Hell, we barely have a 3rd now.

Gonna have to make some big trades this winter. Talking Chop had a good piece on this that I’ll link later bc I’m on mobile. The gist is that we essentially have 11 SPs to fill 5 spots and maybe 1 or two end up in the pen. Already saw this with the Duvall trade - some pitchers will be deemed useless in our org.

Acuna may be only the fourth player in baseball history to hit a pair of leadoff homers in a doubleheader. Two others, Rickey Henderson and Harry Hooper, went on to the Hall of Fame.
The Elias Sports Bureau says Baltimore's Brady Anderson pulled off the rare double during a home doubleheader against the Chicago White Sox on Aug. 21, 1999. Before that, it was accomplished by Oakland's Henderson at home against the Cleveland Indians on July 5, 1993, and Hooper while playing for the Boston Red on May 20, 1913, during a pair of games at the Washington Senators.

The FA lists for outfielders consists of Harper and then a bunch of guys in their mid 30's with their best years behind them. The better ones are projected to have the same/higher market value as Kakes (15m).

If we pay a billion dollars for a guy who has barely hit his weight 2 of the last 3 seasons and is awful defensively then I'll be livid. He's only just a loser. He's never won a damn thing on on good clubs.

So this Acuña kid might be good.

I took him as a homer pick in about the 12th round this year in my fantasy keeper league. Looking like the Braves and Chipper's Dippers are going to enjoy his talents for years.

Gonna have to make some big trades this winter. Talking Chop had a good piece on this that I’ll link later bc I’m on mobile. The gist is that we essentially have 11 SPs to fill 5 spots and maybe 1 or two end up in the pen. Already saw this with the Duvall trade - some pitchers will be deemed useless in our org.
I think we will make a trade (like this year's version of Yelich) but I don't think the logjam is so bad we need to feel compelled to move starters. We have Folty, Newk, Gausman, and Teheran with Touki/Soroka/Fried/Gohara battling for 5th spot and Wright due up at some point in 2019. I'm worried about Soroka's injury and Gohara has had a bit of a lost year. We have used 12 starters so far this year.

I took him as a homer pick in about the 12th round this year in my fantasy keeper league. Looking like the Braves and Chipper's Dippers are going to enjoy his talents for years.
My gut tells me the team who lands Harper on a megadeal is going to be happier with him than the team who gets AJ Pollack on like a 5 year contract.

If he had pimped one it would be different but he definitely hasn't. That was in the 99% of Urenas fastest pitches. He'll get a hefty suspension.
On another note, loved seeing Snit as the first one out of the dugout going crazy.

If Jeter had any class he would fire Mattingly tomorrow but he is a Yankee he has no class.

We need to start our worst reliever and aim right for that stupid plantain flavor saver of his.

657491.vresize.350.425.medium.67.png

Back