• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

Flowers saying "we'll let that work out somewhere down the road" means he better watch out his first at bat the next time he pitches against the Braves.

So Dansby just cost us the game tonight trying to OLE the damn ball. That type of play has incensed me since i was in pee wee. Just field the ball. If you go down to one knee and backhand it you will miss it 10 times as often...

We could still use a starting pitcher and some more bullpen help, though I feel better about the starters since Gausman has performed well in his small sample space.

I cringe every time we go to the pen.

Freeman is definitely an upgrade over Allard. He’s even better when he’s not pitching for the 4th time in 5 days.

Getting swept at home in a 4 game series isn't going to help our playoff changes with 2 blown saves in the 9th inning.

Nationals become fishfood and continue dropping behind.

At least the god damn Mets came through for us against the Phils this weekend. We gotta step it up, NOW.

Going to be interesting to see which team, Phillies or Braves, stumbles less down the stretch.

Nationals seem to have played their way out of serious contention. They can be spoilers, with the number of times they play each team.

Bryse Wilson making his debut tonight. From Orange HS in NC. Has been pretty dominant this year in all three levels of the minors.

Last edited:
Bryse Wilson making his debut tonight. From Orange HS in NC. Has been pretty dominant this year in all three levels of the minors.

Another 20 year old, and the youngest of the bunch. First to debut from the 2016 class. Quite an epic rise through the system this season. Good luck young man!

Less surprised about a 20 year old having a great start than I am about Sam Freeman having a scoreless, albeit dicey, inning.

We have had a shitload of blown opportunities tonight. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ass.

Even if he couldn't play the field we could use a LHH bench bat. Of course, we didn't play on Murphy because we can't on his remaining salary.

Back