• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

This season has been a big success for Folty. Turning in the best season for a Braves pitcher in years.

I know that since we play them 7 times before the end of the season the Phillies are our main threat, but if I had to choose I would be more worried about the Nats than them. Magic number is 12 and shrinking fast!

I know that since we play them 7 times before the end of the season the Phillies are our main threat, but if I had to choose I would be more worried about the Nats than them. Magic number is 12 and shrinking fast!

While its not impossible for the Nats to catch the Braves, it is pretty improbable barring a complete collapse at this point. For instance, if the Braves go 8-9 the rest of the way, the Nats would have to go 16-1 just to tie. Even if the Braves only win 5 games, the Nats still have to go 13-4. Only one time this year, in early May, have the Nats won 13 out of 17 games.

Its possible for them to be a threat, but highly unlikely. Fangraphs gives them a 1.6% chance of even making the postseason, although 1.3% of that is winning the division.

This season has been a big success for Folty. Turning in the best season for a Braves pitcher in years.

I watched the 7th and 8th last night. Still throwing some serious heat into the late innings. The movement on some of his fastballs at 97-98 is silly. Hope he can keep it up.

Two games up on the Rockies for home field advantage first round of the playoffs
Washington should be eliminated during this home stand and philly all but eliminated by the time it's over as long as we don't completely collapse

Playoff rotation is going to be hard. At this point I have Anibal over both Newcomb and Teheran. But let's get there first.

Back