• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

He only pitched 2 innings game 1

True but he did throw 50 pitches which is more like 3-4 innings of work, but given its crunch time and he is your best I guess you go with your big horse.

Surely you're not saying the Braves need to trade Touki.

If they could package with him and others to get a #1 All Star absolutely. I just don't see him becoming a shut down ace, as seems to wild. Maybe being too harsh for the rookie and he could become that, but don't get the same feeling as I got when you saw Glavine, Smoltz, Mercker coming up with the Braves in early days when you could tell they would be great even when they had their early struggles but had great stuff.

If they could package with him and others to get a #1 All Star absolutely. I just don't see him becoming a shut down ace, as seems to wild. Maybe being too harsh for the rookie and he could become that, but don't get the same feeling as I got when you saw Glavine, Smoltz, Mercker coming up with the Braves in early days when you could tell they would be great even when they had their early struggles but had great stuff.

I think it's a little early to tell with him. His walk ratio is high on a small sample but not much higher than John Rocker's career figure. I guess the question is whether he can be as good as Rocker was in his peak years. In Alex I believe.

Well that was a filthy way to get out of a jam from Folty. Need base runners please.

game 4 blowing chances to win--not getting runners home---hitting horrible---flowers couldn't hit my grandma

missed pop fly just cost them 2 runs and the ball game-------what an embarrasment

Knew when Brach came in it was over. He totally sucks. He's ALWAYS good for a walk and a hit at least per inning. Sure enough. Please get rid of this dork next year.

missed pop fly just cost them 2 runs and the ball game-------what an embarrasment

Dude, chill out. It's a game of inches, and not even close to being over. We have gotten to their bullpen and theirs isn't much better than ours.

Can I get a brief rundown of what happened? Was 2-1 before I had to make a grocery store run.

Can I get a brief rundown of what happened? Was 2-1 before I had to make a grocery store run.

Two out blooper to right field snuck in between Albies and Markakis to put a man on 1st and 3rd. Might have been catchable but it was iffy. Venters is relieved by Brach to face the pinch hitter Freese who hits a 2 RBI single up the middle that sneaks under Culberson's glove to take the lead.

Season over. Sell all the concessions and souvenirs at half price.

Great season boys. Sign a big dick player to put us over the top and next year we make the NLCS and maybe more.

Well that was a shocker. Who would have thought that if you throw Manny Machado 12 fastballs in a row that he would hit one of them?

Should have brought in Julio after Folty. At least he throws more than 1 pitch well and often.

One positive is that bkf shot his load and got his stupid ass banned too fast to be able to come here and gloat today, which must be killing him.

Back