• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

what a fun season. a shame that it had to end the way it did but the future is bright, folks.

Did anyone else notice that the Braves and Indians were eliminated from the playoffs and the Redskins got smoked on MNF all on Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day?

Pretty sad day for all the Indians who are represented by those teams.

Machado next year, please. And somehow get MadBum from the Giants. We've got like $80 million to spend. Make it happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Machado retires as a Dodger.

MadBum could definitely be interested in joining a team on the rise and get closer to home. I'm not that interested in parting ways with too many of the young position guys. 75% of the entire organizations pitchers can take a hike.

MadBum could definitely be interested in joining a team on the rise and get closer to home. I'm not that interested in parting ways with too many of the young position guys. 75% of the entire organizations pitchers can take a hike.

I'd love to get Andrelton back somehow.

The odds of signing him are probably like 3% because this is not the way the Braves have done business since about 1998, but Bryce Harper would look interesting in RF next year.

Machado is only 26 and was the O's darling until this year. Did he grow up a Dodgers fan or something? Seems like it will be hard for them to resign all their big name FAs, but they have stupid money, so maybe not.

I'd be good with packaging Dansby & Camargo for a starter, signing Machado and promoting Austin Riley.

I have zero interest in getting rid of Dansby or Camargo, much less together in a deal.

I like them both too and wouldn’t mind them staying but if they can pull a #1 starter we have other options at their positions (or plenty of money to go get a shortstop with a better bat than Dansby.)

I’m not ready to give up on Swanson, especially while he’s still cheap.

So much of what the Braves do this offseason seems to depend on what they expect from Swanson and Austin Reilly.

I would like to see them acquire a bat to play RF.

Dansby & Camargo aren’t pulling in a top line starter. Maybe a 3 or 4 if lucky. I think Camargo’s value took a hit this postseason because he was absolutely dreadful. Also, if we trade Dansby, Camargo is not a suitable defensive replacement at SS. Dansby was one of the best defensive SS in the league. Basically a 2 win player without a bat. If he can find his swing, we’re looking at a 4-5 win guy.

I’d be surprised if Machado retires a dodger. I think almost everybody agreed he was a half season rental for LAD since Seager got hurt.

The rumour was he wanted to sign with the Yankees.

Machado is only 26 and was the O's darling until this year. Did he grow up a Dodgers fan or something? Seems like it will be hard for them to resign all their big name FAs, but they have stupid money, so maybe not.

I was just thinking about money regarding Machado. I could see the Red Sox, Yankees, or Dodgers backing up the Brinks truck

Most of these young Braves position players are only going to get better at the plate. I think holding on to them is a smart move, especially since they are all cheap. Adams and Duda should be the back ups and pinch hitters. Go get an Ace!

I know it would be good for the team but I have hated Bryce Harper so intensely for the last six years I’m not sure I can get behind that move. It would be Duggla x 1000.

Back