• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

I would disagree. It is going to be a buyer's market, especially with many contenders being set at third. I wouldn't use Camargo in a package to upgrade third though.

Maybe everyone has a good source for video coverage of games, but when I heard about the comeback I found this site https://baseball.theater and thought it was cool.

Great to see Dansby come through in the clutch. I hope the coaches are reminding Acuna that even Willie Mays struggled enough to get sent back to the minors his first year, meaning that fighting through the bad spells pays off.

See that Frenchy is now doing color commentating for Fox Sports- ACCT with Wes Durham.

Feels like the Braves radio broadcast team has been doing a lot of rotating this year. Way less games with Jim and Don together and way more without either.

Braves have some big decisions at the trade deadline.

Is Camargo the 3B for the rest of the season (and future)? Who is the odd man out in the rotation?

Personally, if Gohara progresses I would be okay with getting value out of Folty. I'm over his shtick, he needed to grow up and he hasn't.

We definitely don't need to trade Folty mid-season. I hate to say it but neither guy on the left side of our infield is a proven regular.

No Camargo isn’t the future at 3B and may not even be the answer for the season.

Not sure why you’re hating on Folty. He went 6 innings, 1 run ball and got the loss. He’s been very good this year even though he hasn’t gone deep into starts. He’s FIP and xFIP are higher than his ERA but if he regresses to match those numbers, he’s still a very quality starter. One of the older starters will be out but McCarthy is making that decision difficult.

Scary knee injury for Acuna in the win today. Didn’t look good, really worried he tore something. Folty looked strong again today and actually went pretty deep this game. Definitely two playoff teams playing in Boston this weekend.

Folty pitches really well. He has allowed more than 2 runs in a start only once this season. Get his pitch count down & cut down the walks and he should be able to repeat this start.

Johan! Tonight is more proof that he is our 3b. Only person I'm ok with him battling it out with is Riley. If I see us connected to a Machado rental one
more time shipping off prospects for him I'm gonna scream.

I don't think they should mess with the position players at all. Even the bench players are getting it done. To me, the biggest weakness is the bullpen.

Big statement win tonight. Would be great to win this series before we head out west..

Might have to replays tonight’s game. Best start by a Brave in years looking at the box.

Might have to replays tonight’s game. Best start by a Brave in years looking at the box.

Third best game score in the MLB this year. First CG in 712 days by a brave.

DeacsOrDie - can I get an update on your feelings towards Mike? Last 3 starts: 22 IP, 11 hits, 6 walks, 2 ER, 23K

He was hitting 99mph on the final at bat (a strikeout of Harper). Folty has had 2 very good starts in a row.

Back