• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

So, it's been a few years, but we're back to the point where I'm interested in the team again. It's nice !

So, it's been a few years, but we're back to the point where I'm interested in the team again. It's nice !

Agreed - this is the most baseball I've watched in 4 years. I'll be interested to see the crowd this weekend. Good weather and Acuna's first home series.

This team is so fun to watch except for Bautista. I would trade him for a free drink coupon.

I haven't given up on Bautista yet. Agree with Joe that he is still basically in spring training and he's absolutely correct that you cannot replicate live pitching. Did we bring him up too early? Probably. But he has been putting some decent swings on pitches (especially fastballs) that he is JUST missing due to timing and reps.

We are hitting so well right now that we can actually afford to see if there are glimpses of MVP Bautista.

I haven't given up on Bautista yet. Agree with Joe that he is still basically in spring training and he's absolutely correct that you cannot replicate live pitching. Did we bring him up too early? Probably. But he has been putting some decent swings on pitches (especially fastballs) that he is JUST missing due to timing and reps.

We are hitting so well right now that we can actually afford to see if there are glimpses of MVP Bautista.

I am not discrediting his ability to hit. I think for me its more personal because I just don't like the guy. I remember last year when he hit a home run down 9-0 and did a huge bat flip. Peterson jawed with him rounding first and Suzuki had words with him at home plate. He is just one of those guys. If he played basketball he would have been at duke.

Best record in the NL. Have played 24 of 39 games on the road (25 of 40 after tonight's make-up).

Best record in the NL. Have played 24 of 39 games on the road (25 of 40 after tonight's make-up).

Providing a blueprint for all other MLB teams.

Get local suburban government to hold commercial property owners hostage to build you a new stadium in a mixed-use development.
????
First Place !!

Umpire just fucked the braves in top of first. Bases loaded with one down and all of the sudden pitches way off the plate put inciarte and Bautista behind in counts that both lead to strike outs. First strike to Bautista was crazy bad. Pretty pathetic.

I'm all about a pitchers zone but that was inconsistent and really effed over braves with something going.

Well he's calling strikes well off the plate against cubs batters too. This could be an entertaining game. Someone's going to get dumped.

We've left five on in first two innings. That pretty much always leads to an eventual L.

Both teams just taking turns hitting ham balls out of the park.

Ozzie Albies an MVP contender?

Yesterday in Gwinnett, 3B prospect Austtin Riley went 4-5 with 3 HR and 8 RBI (one HR was a grand slam).

Back