• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

Old Newcomb tweets surfaced after the game. Another athlete who looks like a real shit head.

If we could trade Teheran, Gohara, and some international $ for Archer that would be great.

Old Newcomb tweets surfaced after the game. Another athlete who looks like a real shit head.

Are you kidding? He had like 3 questionable tweets that were all before age 18, one was quoting a song lyric.

This 'reveal someone's tweets as a minor whenever they do anything good' stuff is fucking nonsense. What's next?? Hey Billy made the Allstar team but guess what? He pushed a girl down by the swingset when he was 14 and also threw sand. You are the shithead if you think this stuff isnt just the sad bored work of pathetic basement dwelling neckbeards.

Are you kidding? He had like 3 questionable tweets that were all before age 18, one was quoting a song lyric.

This 'reveal someone's tweets as a minor whenever they do anything good' stuff is fucking nonsense. What's next?? Hey Billy made the Allstar team but guess what? He pushed a girl down by the swingset when he was 14 and also threw sand. You are the shithead if you think this stuff isnt just the sad bored work of pathetic basement dwelling neckbeards.

I agree with this. However, it is also mind-boggling that every single professional athlete has not scrubbed their social media and removed anything even potentially offensive, regardless of how long ago it was posted. How are their agents still employed?

Glad to see Wisler go. Sims and Preston Tucker also included. Where is Duvall supposed to play?

LF/3rd/1st I think. Mostly LF in a platoon against lefties with ender sitting and Acuna going to CF those days.

I didn't realize he was so much of a plus defender. That is basically all Ender gives us this year so hopefully this platoon works. Duvall had a couple nice years and is still pretty young with years of control. I like the deal. We basically gave up nothing I want in the big leagues for a guy with big pop we can keep for years.

Ender has a higher WAR, AVG, OBP, and 23 stolen bases. Based on the Barves responses ive seen you'd think you were playing with a DH. Duvall cant get on base. So you get a HR every 19ab from a platoon outfielder?

Like the Duvall trade. Change of scenery from a losing team to a winning team plus taking pressure away from him to having to bat against righties since he is really struggling against them and could have a real dynamic combo in your 3rd outfielder position along with some nice depth with the way Culberson has been playing lately.

Still think they need a stud pitching ace to really give themselves a chance as interesting stat that they were sub .500 ball team over last 40+ games and been very inconsistent as a # of the young guys are having some struggles especially against the top teams the last few weeks.

Back