• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

2 other observations while we watch the end of this one. Even though he gave up 4, I still consider this a move in the right direction for Julio. He looks like he's figured out that he's not a power pitcher anymore. Also, Bautista may hit the Mendoza Line and never be in after the 7th on D, but his homer is the difference right now. It's not always awful to have a pure power guy if his OBP counters his awful AVG.

This home plate ump is fucking awful.

Second this. He was atrocious, three different parts of the plate were constantly switching from strikes to balls and back again. How bout the huevos on Minter there though? Big confidence boost for him. Hell of a monday afternoon game.

Plate ump was just brought up to MLB last summer. Haven't seen him much. Not a good showing today.

And Anibal Sanchez?

I was thinking about this over the weekend and I believe it may be a case of "We have guys who can fill in and we are winning, so let's give them plenty of time to get completely healthy."

There is no need to bring either guy back the moment they are eligible to come back because they just aren't needed right now. It is more important to get both completely healthy as it is a long season ahead.

These umps are TURRIBLE. Also, MLB might as well get rid of the replay system. Doesn't work.

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: first place!

Cubs challenge overturns Acuna’s homer to dead center. Foul ball.

Without blaming the umps which I easily could, I am very worried that the back of our bullpen is gonna kill this season. I hope Minter gets control fast because Viz has had his opportunity. Maybe we give Carle a shot, or Gohara once he's gotten a few appearances.

Snit said he's gonna throw Winkler into the mix which I'm also fine with.

NFL can't figure out what a catch is and ML can't figure out the difference between safe and out. Plus, the damn HP moron gave Cubs their run as Folty struck out Addison and didn't get the call. My gosh the ball went diagonally across the plate from front right corner to back left corner. Unbelievable. 3 total misses in one inning for the blind mice. and the reply idiot.

Back