• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Offseason

It's weird thinking of the Braves being buyers at or before the trade deadline.

I assume the likelihood of signing Bryce Harper this offseason is very very low, but curious to take the thread's temperature on how that would be received.

I don't think it will be received very well. He's a big talent, but why waste that much money on one player.

I recently read that the Braves could be a player in the Craig Kimbrel free agency this off-season. I have to think that would be pretty popular.

I don't think it will be received very well. He's a big talent, but why waste that much money on one player.

I recently read that the Braves could be a player in the Craig Kimbrel free agency this off-season. I have to think that would be pretty popular.

Saw Craig pitch for the Sox against the O's last year. I mean I was pulling for the O's but it was so, so, so cool to finally see him close a game, even if it wasn't for the Braves.

Curb stomped the Jays tonight. That was fun. Camargo hit that grand salami into oblivion.

Perhaps an apology is owed to Charlie Culberson. He's been a force since Acuna went out. Would still like to see us find an upgrade to Flaherty.

With Braves fans wondering why we couldn't top the Nats offer for Herrera, like clockwork its coming out we can't take on that much payroll at the deadline. So it makes sense for us to wait another few weeks to evaluate how we address some of our holes.

Perhaps an apology is owed to Charlie Culberson. He's been a force since Acuna went out. Would still like to see us find an upgrade to Flaherty.

With Braves fans wondering why we couldn't top the Nats offer for Herrera, like clockwork its coming out we can't take on that much payroll at the deadline. So it makes sense for us to wait another few weeks to evaluate how we address some of our holes.

Culberson has been money. Speaking of Acuna, when is he expected back?

Last edited:
Culbertson has been money. Speaking of Acuna, when is he expected back?

He is down in Florida rehabbing at the moment with intentions that he could be in AAA as early as this week playing in rehab games.

Am I the only one that is not enjoying Mark DeRosa in the FACEBOOK booth? Phew he's killing me. I have enjoyed shorter breaks between innings (or at least it seems like it without commercials) and them interviewing Alex and Snit during the game.

Am I the only one that is not enjoying Mark DeRosa in the FACEBOOK booth? Phew he's killing me. I have enjoyed shorter breaks between innings (or at least it seems like it without commercials) and them interviewing Alex and Snit during the game.

No. All three were pretty bad, IMO. They weren't very focused and way too anecdotal for my taste.

Our bullpen sucks so bad. Also, Washington sending FF basically gave them an out for no reason.

Flowers has also had a god awful night punctuated by that Passed Ball. He has just needed to put the ball in play a couple times and has Kd every time.

Our bullpen sucks so bad. Also, Washington sending FF basically gave them an out for no reason.

Meh, I like Washington’s aggressiveness. It pays off more than it hurts. I’m good with it. Was only out #1 with professional hitters up on a good team.

Back